Chapter 2

A little while later they reached the edge of the village. Aryanna looked around, everything was still. 

“We might have to wait a bit Kalya, it seems like everyone is still working,” she said. Kalya stuck out her lip a bit. 

“Can we check his home?” she asked. Aryanna shrugged then nodded. 

“We might as well, it can’t hurt,” she said. Kalya smiled happily. They moved between the huts heading to the one James lived in. Once they reached it Kalya stopped and crouched at the opening.

“James? Are you inside?” she called. No one answered. Kalya sighed and looked up at Aryanna.

“I thought he was always here by now, I don’t want to have walked all this way not to see him, I miss him,” she said sadly. Aryanna crouched and hugged her. 

“He should be here soon, would you like to play a game?” Aryanna asked. 

Kalya shrugged her thin shoulders. “What game are you thinking of, Arya?”  Kalya asked leaning on her sister. 

Aryanna shrugged. “Anything you would like to play? I will not play the game where you hide and I search for you, not in the Nobles territory,” she said. Kalya nodded seriously. 

“I understand, would you like to play catch me if you can?” she asked. Aryanna smiled. 

“You never get tired do you?” she asked rhetorically. “Alright, let’s go away from the village so we are not playing around here,” she said standing up. They went back through the village and out to the open. Aryanna looked around, checking all around. Kalya smiled at her and tapped her hand on Aryanna’s leg and laughed.

“Catch me if you can!” she shouted and took off running. Aryanna waited a moment and then chased after her, not running as fast as she could, knowing she would over take Kalya too soon. 

“I’m catching up Kaly!” she called. Kalya shreaked with laughter and tried running faster. Aryanna decided she had run enough and with a laugh over took her and scooped her up. 

“I caught you!” she said laughing. Kalya laughed and struggled to get free. 

“Let me down Arya! It’s my turn to catch you!” she said. Arya swung her down suddenly, eliciting a surprised cry from the girl that soon turned into a laugh.  Aryanna tapped her on the head.

“Catch me if you can!” she said as she started jogging backwards, still facing her sister. Kalya chased after her and Aryanna had to turn and actually run to stay away from her sister. She slowed her pace so that her sister could catch up. Aryanna looked towards the village as she was running and saw some people there, moving wearily amidst the huts. She didn’t recognize any of the people and so she kept staying away from Kalya. 

“Arya! Not fair, you are bigger than me, I can’t catch you!” Kalya called from behind. Aryanna smiled and slowed down a bit. Putting forth a little extra energy Kalya tackled Aryanna. With a shout of surprise Aryanna tumbled to the ground, Kalya on top of her. Aryanna looked up from her back, Kalya sitting on her stomach, grinning. Aryanna caught her breath and mock glared at her sister. 

“You little fiend, you only said that so I would slow a bit,” she said. Kalya grinned wider and nodded. 

“And you fell for it!” she said triumphantly. Aryanna laughed and let her head fall to the grass.

Kalya got off of Aryanna’s stomach and laid next to her in the grass, still smiling happily. She turned her head to look at Aryanna.

“I’m glad you are not angry any more, I like you much more when you are happy,” she stated softly. Aryanna looked at her.