Chapter 37

Hey everyone!! 

First off, I'm sorry this has taken soo long for me to get up!! I have been pretty straight out with finals. But they are over. And then I didn't have any inspiration for this story.. BUT I've got it again. So I will be updating regularly! YAY! haha. Thanks for sticking with me folks! haha

Secondly. I have dedicated this chapter to BekahT cause well.. she's mah best friend. BUT not only that, she has uploaded a story on here!! CHECK IT OUT!!! it's really really reallly good.  (And that is coming from a critical standpoint, not a biased one.. haha ) I have been trying to get her to post on here for a while... and she has!! YAY!  And if that weren't enough to convince you.. the story has been up for a few days and it's already at Whats Hot #293!! (as of this morning,) SO people! Please please check it out and vote (it's just a click)  and comment if you'd like! Get her story to the top ten!!

Thanks everyone!! Love you guys!

And please vote on mine... :)  

______________

James turned back from walking with Kalya and saw Rayne and Aryanna talking together, beyond them Sheridan walking, his face stony. He had seen Sheridan and Aryanna talking and wondered what they were talking about. Sheridan had looked angry and sullen, while Aryanna had seemed to be angry as well, only she was suppressing it, she seemed to be talking earnestly to him.

“James are you hearing anything I was just saying to you?” Kalya asked, folding her thin arms and glaring up at him through her long hair that blew in her face. 

James’s eyes focused on her and he made a face. “No, I’m sorry, I was thinking,” he said biting his lip and looking at her apologetically, trying to keep back the smile threatening to break over his face.    

“It’s not funny James,” she said, her little face stern. 

“I said I was sorry! What did you say?” he asked. 

Kalya narrowed her eyes at him, debating whether or not to forgive him. 

James chuckled and lunged forward to scoop her up and twirl her around. His body protested at the sudden movement and he gasped, but continued. 

Kalya giggled. “Put me down James!” she shouted laughing.

“Nope, not til you say you accept my apology!” he said spinning around. He ignored the soreness in his muscles as he played with her, swinging her over his shoulder like a sack.

“Alright alright! Fine! Put me down! Please!” she said hitting him on the back. She accidentally exactly where James had been kicked so many days ago, but the place was still extremely sore and he gasped loud enough for her to hear, coming to an abrupt stop, his eyes closed. Kalya fell silent and pushed herself back over his shoulder so she could face him, her little face suddenly grave. 

“I’m sorry James, are you alright?” she asked worriedly.   

James nodded slowly, but set her down. “You sure you forgive me?” he asked with a soft smile. 

A hesitant smile broke over Kalya’s lips and she nodded, but her eyes still held worry for him. 

“What was it that you were trying to tell me before?” James asked.

Kalya shrugged. “I don’t remember now,” she said. 

James looked down at her as she was uncharacteristically silent. “Are you alright?”  he asked.

She looked up and shook her head but didn’t say anything.

“What is it, Kals?” he asked, putting a hand around her shoulder.