Chapter 35

Hey readers! Thanks for being so patient and reading and voting and everything.. I have written a couple chapters so I will upload pretty soon. :) 

Pic on the side is of Kalya! Picture her with her hair slightly longer and brown. :D :D 

Anyhow, onto reading! and please, if you like it vote... It's anonymous... ;) haha

------------------------------ 

Aryanna looked back over her shoulder at the figures sleeping and got up, shifting her position to the other side of camp. As she walked through the camp she flinched as someone reached out and touched her ankle as she passed by. She looked down and saw Kalya’s hand flung out, resting on her foot. Aryanna smiled softly and crouched, moving her sisters hand and tucking the cloak under her chin. As she was passing by the fire she tossed a couple more logs on the fire. She looked up at the night sky and moved away from the sleeping figures.

After a few more hours Aryanna stood and stretched, her joints cracking. She moved through the camp silently and crouched next to Sheridan, she put out a hand and shook his shoulder gently.

“Sheridan,” she whispered quietly. 

He woke, his entire body tense, his eyes glaring up at her. The look in his eyes softened and his body relaxed as the sleep clinging to him was shed and he recognized her. “My watch?” he murmured. 

Aryanna nodded. “Yes,” she answered. 

Sheridan nodded, he sat up as Aryanna moved away slightly. He dragged his hands over his face, and stood slowly. 

“You awake fully?” she asked standing as he did, her voice in a whisper. 

He nodded and grumbled softly. 

Aryanna chuckled softly. “I’m not to sure,” she said punching his shoulder slightly. 

He didn’t respond, just looked around at the rest of the sleeping figures before turning back to her. 

“Quiet night?” he asked, though the answer was apparent, he asked merely for conversations sake. 

Aryanna nodded as she looked, her eyes scanning the horizon. “Thus far,” she commented. 

He nodded and swung his cloak about his shoulders. “Get some rest, I’ll take over. I’m awake now,” he said with a slight smile. 

Aryanna nodded and moved her pack and cloak closer to Kalya. She didn’t lay down though, she looked pensively at Sheridan, lost in thought not realizing she was staring at him. 

“Something you want to say?” he asked softly.

Aryanna broke out of her thoughts, her eyes focusing on him. 

“Not at the moment, I would like to talk with you privately tomorrow though,” she replied. 

Sheridan made a face but nodded. “Alright, whenever I suppose,” he said hesitantly. 

Aryanna nodded with finality and stretched out beside her sister, throwing the cloak over herself. “G’night Sheridan,” she murmured. 

“Night,” he replied softly glancing at her for a moment before stepping a few feet away, his back to the camp, his eyes scanning the horizon line back and forth. 

The next morning Aryanna woke with a start as Kalya abruptly sat on her stomach, and smiled down at her. 

“Good morning!” she said softly, her large eyes dancing. 

Aryanna frowned with a confused smile on her lips. “Morning?” she responded, taking her arm and gently pushing Kalya off, pinning her to the ground. “Oh, oh, are you trying to get up?” she asked as Kalya struggled to wiggle free. Aryanna sat up, resting some of her weight on the hand holding Kalya down with much difficulty. 

“Yes!” Kalya said dramatically. 

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” Aryanna said yawning and looking around.

“Let me up Arya!!” Kalya said in mock frustration. 

“Whoops, sorry,” Aryanna drawled out, finally letting her sister go. 

Kalya giggled and rolled away. The other three were getting up and rolling up their cloaks. 

“Morning sleepy-head,” Rayne said walking by, slinging her pack over her shoulder. 

Aryanna mock glowered at her then smiled and nodded her greeting.  

Everyone was rather quiet as they all packed up their things. 

“Anyone hungry? Or is everyone ready to set off?” Aryanna asked, handing Kalya some bread for breakfast. 

The other three shrugged and shook their heads. 

“Not hungry, thanks,” Sheridan said, not being rude, just stating it. 

James and Rayne nodded. “Same,” they said at the same time. Rayne smiled at James when he looked at her, his eyes widened slightly. The last time he had answered in unison he had gotten a fearsome glare from Sheridan. He smiled hesitantly back at her when he saw the smile on her face. 

Aryanna shook her head and handed James some bread. He frowned as he took it with out thinking.

“I thought I said I wasn’t hungry?” he commented.

“You’re much to thin, eat,” she said, her tone broaching no argument. 

James sighed but complied.  

Everyone else continued to pack up, dousing the fire, collecting their belongings. 

Sheridan leaned down and went to pick up Finley’s pack but found James reaching for it as well. He looked at James silently for a moment, James meeting his eyes squarely. 

“I can carry Finley’s things, I am using them after all. You shouldn’t have to carry two,” James said quietly. Sheridan straightened and nodded abruptly. 

“Thanks,” he said grudgingly turning away and making himself busy with something else. 

James nodded and shook his head as he hoisted the pack up. He grunted as his bruised ribs protested at the weight that the pack served. He saw his noise attracted a concerned glance from Aryanna. Her eyes asked if he was alright, he nodded slightly and adjusted the pack on his back.

Within the span of half an hour everyone was ready to go, their camp was broken down and almost all traces that they had been there had been erased by Sheridan and Aryanna working together. 

“Alright, everyone ready to set off?” Aryanna asked. They all nodded. 

“We should be able to get to the Woodlands within the next two days if we make good headway,” she told them. She looked to James as she heard him draw a sharp intake of breath. His eyes were fixed on the ground and missed the look she cast him. 

“Alright, let’s go,” she said taking Kalya’s hand and starting out.