11. Insecure

*Look at this fanart!*

Naruto and Sasuke would find ways to meet each other in secret. Naruto being the Hokage always had tabs on him, but he always made sure his ANBU bodyguards were busy doing something else. Or he would just tell them to leave him alone, they were always a bit hesitant but once he said it again they would end up leaving. It was easy enough to tell if he was actually alone with Sasuke because he could sense chakra easily. If he actually had to be somewhere he would make a clone and spend most of his time with Sasuke. He did have a few close calls where the clone almost disappeared, but he didn't realize until after he dispelled the jutsu. Naruto decided he wouldn't use the clone jutsu too often after that.

Sasuke and Naruto had a favorite place in the woods where they just spoke to each other and made out. Things would sometimes get heavy for a while. But as always Naruto would have to go. Their next meet wouldn't be for a few days.

Sasuke enjoyed the attention very much. He felt like the center of Naruto's world. He could pretend they were actually together. He also enjoyed tormenting Sakura and ignoring her advances. She had begun to suspect him of cheating since he did not touch her for weeks but she had no evidence and never saw him with any girls. She thought about stalking him but Sasuke was very perceptive and would find out eventually if not right away. Seeing him with Naruto in the street did not arouse any suspicions in her mind at all seeing as they were 'best friends. However she was surprised to see Naruto out of the office.

Sasuke was very good at hiding his tracks. Sasuke had to make sure he wasn't ruining Naruto's reputation. Naruto was seen as a hero, the Hokage. Son of the fourth hokage and he was seen as the most powerful person in the world. Sasuke didn't want to imagine the hate Naruto would receive for cheating on Hinata Hyuga. She was adored by the village and her clan, and their affair would definitely taint Naruto's image. The respect which he has worked so hard for. But still Sasuke almost wanted everyone to know. He almost wanted Hinata to find out and know that she wasn't his.

Sasuke never had an opinion about Hinata when they were younger. In fact he probably did not even notice her existence. But now? He hated her. Sasuke would stop by Naruto's house saying he needed to pick something up. In reality he just wanted a reaction out of her. She was the reason Sasuke couldn't have Naruto completely and it was infuriating to him. Did she already know? If she did she wasn't showing it. Didn't she ever get angry? Didn't she see how Naruto was acting? What he was doing. Sasuke almost wanted to tell her. To see how she would react when he told her he was fucking her husband. But he didn't. He wanted them to break up so that he could be with Naruto. Sasuke wasn't dumb enough to think that could be a reality. But maybe if I could get rid of her? No Naruto would hate me. Probably even kill me for killing the mother of his child. Stop thinking about it. Just enjoy what you have now because you know Naruto will just dump you and move on with his family. That's how this was always going to end anyway.

Sasuke was almost always on edge. He didn't want to lose Naruto. This one good thing he had in his life. His daughter didn't even look at him or even like to be around him and Sasuke didn't know how to interact with her. He hated his wife, and Sakura would always try to just have sex with him. Her 'love' for him was purely physical. They didn't even really have interesting conversations, she mostly just talked when he pretended to listen. Sasuke had refused Sakura's wants ever since Naruto decided to continue this. Sasuke wondered if Naruto did the same or if he was still sleeping with Hinata. It's not like he was going to ask Naruto that, it would probably make Naruto realize Hinata was better than him in every way then he'd get dumped. Whenever he saw them kiss or embrace it would hurt him just a bit more. Whenever he had to kiss Sakura in public or in front of Naruto him broke inside as well. Why can't we just be together. Why are things so difficult.

It was on a somewhat sunny afternoon when Naruto and Sasuke were alone in the forest together. It was a nice spot, there was a lake and during this time of day the breeze was nice and warm.

"Naruto how long will this last?" Sasuke's head rested on Naruto's shoulder. Naruto looked at the lake deep in thought. There was a silence for a bit until Naruto answered. They seemed to be thinking the same thing.

"I can't say. But I don't want this to end."

"Me either. I just want to stay with you forever" Sasuke knew the answer but he couldn't help but think. If things were different. If they had gotten married instead would they have been happier? Wouldn't the hole in his heart be gone. The constant ache that Naruto would leave him and let him go. Sasuke moved his head from Naruto's shoulder and leaned in for a kiss which Naruto couldn't refuse.

Later that night they had to return home. Naruto's shadow clone dispersed when it was alone in the office. He got all the information the clone did for half of the day since he left, and as Naruto headed home late yet again, Hinata was nowhere to be seen. Boruto was asleep in the house. But Hinata wasn't home. Where could she have gone? Naruto felt like he had no right to really question her whereabouts considering he hasn't been honest whatsoever about his these past few weeks. But he was still worried about her nonetheless.

He closed his eyes for a second to focus and he sensed her chakra. She was at the south eastern part of the village not that far away. He tried to remember what was there. A bar? Hinata? No way. She never went out drinking with anyone. Naruto made a clone to stay at home and keep an eye on Boruto. Naruto himself was tired and wanted to sleep but not until this was settled. He went to the bar himself and sure enough saw Hinata there. She was with Tenten, Kiba, Rock Lee and Shino. Hinata was drunk as hell. Her cheeks were red, she was laughing so hard and her movements wobbly and unfocused. What the hell is wrong with her?

Naruto was angry. Angry at himself for letting this happen and angry at Hinata for leaving their son alone to go drinking of all things. His chakra flared uneasily and everything in the bar stopped. All eyes were on him and Hinata stood shocked looking at her husband with wide eyes. Naruto took Hinata's hand and pulled her outside. She couldn't move on her own really so he carried her to their house. Easily maneuvering through the streets. He didn't say a word the entire way there and neither did Hinata because she passed out almost immediately after he started carrying her.

Naruto placed her on the bed, he didn't undress her or anything and he sighed. He took some of their expensive alcohol in the locked cabinet and poured himself a drink. He couldn't believe he let this happen. He wasn't focusing on his wife and only interested in Sasuke. His family was falling apart at the seams. Does Hinata know? How? Why did she go out today and leave Boruto alone? How many drinks did she have? These questions bothered Naruto throughout the night until he eventually fell asleep. He would have to talk with her tomorrow. But he wouldn't push her. Hinata deserved to be heard and he would listen to her. He just hoped the situation wasn't as bad as he thought it was. Maybe this was all just a misunderstanding. Maybe she doesn't know.

____