Chapter twenty-seven: Summertime Madness

PICTURES ON THE RIGHT: MICHELLE IN 1922 WHEN ELIZA MET HER AND ELIZA'S GIFT FOR ROSE.

Chapter Twenty-Six: Summertime madness.

-Eliza’s POV-

9th of September 2005.

Dear Michelle,

It’s stupid that I am even writing you, as if you would still check our “mailbox”. But here I am, writing you, old fashioned with pen and paper, because I need your help. And I cannot think of anyone else to ask.

Firstly, my life has changed a bit. Remember I told you about my brother Edward? Well, I went to search for him. And I did found him. Now you’re probably thinking: “Wait, he was dead right?” and to answer that: no, he is a vampire like you and me. But they (the Cullens, their clan) are … well … different vampires. They don’t drink human blood, only animal blood.

Also, Edward’s mate is …well … a human, Bella. And we were playing vampire baseball (you should try it, it’s awesome), James, Victoria and Laurent showed up. And you know James, he wanted to hunt Bella. And I realized he had never truly loved me and to protect my new family, I killed him.

I think this is a good background for my story, but I know you probably still have millions of questions and that this is all very out of the blue. Just keep them in mind, if we maybe meet again. So, this last summer, there were no dangers, not at all. And that’s where my personal dilemma sets in.

You remember that time when you went to the graveyard in Chicago with me, I think it was 193.. something. Anyhow, I told you about the one time that I truly fell in love, with Jasper Whitlock. Yes, the mysterious major with black eyes and honey blonde hair of which I later realized he must have been a vampire.

I came to the Cullen mansion for the first time and I met the people who I now call my new siblings: Rosalie and Emmett, Alice and Jasper. And every ‘and’ indeed stands for mate/relationship/married a few times, I think you get it. And indeed, though I first did not recognise him, that Jasper is my Jasper Whitlock.

Disaster alert! And though he and I  both knew this was a totally different situation than some many years ago, well, I think we fell in love with each other again. Which is totally unfair to Alice, who saved him from the disaster life he was leading and I believe he loves her as well.

It is just so unfair and I have the feeling that this is all my fault, since everything would have been okay if I had not showed up.  And this summer, I have the feeling we only made things worse, by secretly meeting each other during hunting trips, doing some shopping etc. etc.

And the worst part is that my brother can read minds and Alice can see the future based on decisions you make. I had to use my gift to prevent them from using their gifts and find out. So, this is pretty much the turning point, since this just can’t continue. But what if I don’t want to? What if I , for once, want to choose for myself and not for the greater good?

I sincerely hope you will read this Mix, you will always be my best friend and this freaks me out more day by day.

Without this, I am fine. Glad I found Edward and have a new family, but the consequences just suck. Please help me.

All my love and I hope you are doing well ( I could learn something from that),

Eliza.