Chapter thirty-one : Unconditional hatred against Christmas decorations.

This chapter is dedicated to Eline. She knows why and I just have one thing to say to her: THANK YOU FOR ONE HILARIOUS BIG BREAK :)

This summer will officially be "A Secret-summer", since i want to have it finshed by september. I really hope to reach this goal (doubts it a little). I WILL TRY MY VERY BEST.

Picture on the side: the Cullen house in Columbus. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as i had fun writing it.

xxxx Indah

Chapter Thirty-One: Unconditional hatred against Christmas decorations.

~3rd person perspective~

December, 2005

Columbus, Ohio.

There was no snow that Christmas. Or actually the week before Christmas. Not even fake snow. Or a tree. Or presents. The newly bought Cullen house in Columbus, Ohio looked just like it would have looked any other time of the year. And Alice was moaning. “I cannot believe it. You promised Eliza a tree, there’s no tree. No decorations. We don’t even have a turkey!” she yelled in frustration to Jasper, who was looking out of the window.

Rose looked up from her book. “Tell me, Alice, who would’ve eaten the turkey anyway?” Alice stood up and started walking up and down the room. “It’s all about the idea Rose, the idea!” Emmett hurried down the stairs. “Who said something about a tree?,” he said, exited. “We don’t have one, that’s the problem.” Emmett’s face went from cheerful tot utter  disappointment. “Why don’t we?”

Esme, probably having heard the bickering, stepped into the room and sighed. “Edward promised me he’d be here at Christmas eve. I don’t have a clue where he is or what he has done. And us just celebrating wouldn’t really help either. Can you survive for just a couple of days more?” All people present looked at her like she’d just said that the earth had been invaded by Martians.

“Edward is coming here?” Jasper stated, laying emphasis on every single word he said. “Yes. Please be nice,” Esme pleaded. “I still don’t see why we can’t have a tree,” Emmett complained. “We shouldn’t be reminded of the last party we celebrated lastly,” Carlisle said. “A little bit of compassion please.” “He’d be glad Eliza isn’t here. She’d break the house down after that comment,” Jasper muttered to Rose.

She nodded in a reply. “Definitely.”

The next day, it was like this all over again. Emmett tried with Rosalie. “Rose, why don’t we have a tree?” She sighed. “Emmett you know I love you, but you’re acting like an idiot. And I am quoting now, ‘We shouldn’t be reminded of the party we lastly celebrated.’”  “Rose… Come on, we need a tree.”

Rosalie felt desperate. This was going to last for a long time. “Ask Jasper, I’m sure he has a different answer than me,” she said. Emmett run off to the library upstairs, where he found Jasper. “Jazz, why don’t we have a Christmas tree?” “Haven’t you listened to Carlisle?” Jasper replied, sounding annoyed.