Chapter eleven: The hunt begins

-THANXX SO MUCH GUYS, for waiting and i know i am the worst uploader ever and i am sorry. But it is Christmas break and i hope i will have more time to write. I dedicated this chapter to KaylaAnne, because she is a great fan and i am very thankful to her. So enjoy this chappie!!!!!!!!!!!

-FantasyGirl21-

Chapter eleven: The hunt begins.

-Edward’s POV-

Eliza was just an idiot. But she knew me to well, so I could never win an argument. She was just so stubborn to even listen to me. That James guy was deadly, very deadly. And she was just thinking about that the brat didn’t even kiss her. What is she thinking?

And now Jasper was going after her. He thought she would react better on him, because of his emotion feeling. But I needed to get Bella out of here, and fast, with or without Eliza and Jasper. “Carlisle,”, I said, turning towards him. “I am getting Bella back to the house, there we can discuss this further. I’m not letting Bella’s future depend on my very stubborn sister.”

“Great to see I am not forgotten.”, I heard a voice say from out of the woods. It was Eliza and Jasper followed a few seconds later. I have never seen her so bright and shiny since the time she arrived. Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, if you read my thoughts about what happened just a few minutes ago, I will kill you. No exceptions! I grinned, knowing that she had forgiven me, but with limits. “I won’t, I promise.”, I whispered to her.

She looked at me like she hadn’t expected something different. “So,”, she said. “Let’s go back to the house to bring Bella in safety. I’ll tell everything about James to bring us in advantage, he doesn’t know about you guys.”. Eliza, Alice and Emmett started running towards the house and the others followed. Bella looked a little scared right now.

“Edward, I don’t want them to risk their lives for me, I am not that important.”, she said to me. I growled, how could she possibly think that. “You are worth it. I will do everything to make you safe again, Bella. Climb on my back.”.  She did and together we ran back to the house.

There everyone had already changed in training clothes, and Alice grabbed Bella from my back to swop clothes, so that Alice scent would mask hers. Eliza had taken control and that was a smart thing, she knew James the best. “James does not make mistakes, he is deadly for both us and Bella, but he will hunt for Bella. He is not used to vampires defending his prey.”.

I stiffed as she called Bella his prey, but it was reality. “He has a special gift for tracking, both vampires and humans. It will not be easy to lead a false track, but not impossible. Me, Alice and Jasper are going to take Bella away from Forks, I was thinking about Chicago.”

I laughed at her, while she said Chicago. I knew she was choosing it because we were born there. But if I knew, James would also. “Eliza,”, I said, interrupting her speech. “Two things. First, James is not stupid, he will know you will choose to take her to a city you know best, he even found you in Chicago. He will go searching there when he knows you decided where we would take Bella. And second, I will not leave Bella, I will certainly not.”

She sighed. “James will not know me being that predictable, I don’t do such things normally. Second can’t you see I swapped clothes with Rose? So he will follow her instead of me. Rose,  Emmett and you are leading James safely away from Bella …”, her voice broke, she knew that it meant killing her mate. I was sorry for her in a way, but that ‘mate’ of hers is planning to kill Bella. But she straightened up again and continued.

“And third, like you have already said: James is not stupid. He will know you will always protect her, even more than I do. So you are staying in your group until further notice. I am sorry Bella.” Her tone said that she was joking, but I knew there was also a serious part in it.

“You guys have to take the Mercedes, it has blinded windows. Esme and me will take Edward’s Volvo to track Victoria”, Carlisle said. “Edward, Rose and Emmett, you will take the jeep. We will go first. Together with Esme he walked towards the garage and a few seconds later, I heard my Volvo accelerate.

Bella had returned, she looked like a doll in Alice’s designer clothes and Alice herself totally miserable in Bella’s. But that was not the point, even though it still looked funny. I walked over to Bella and kissed her lips. Her cheeks were turning reddish on her pale skin. I let go when I instantly became aware of her scent. She sighed and looked at me with sad brown eyes, knowing that this would be our last kiss for a long time. “I’ll miss you.”, she said, while she laid her head against my chest and her warm skin touched mine.

“Be save,”, I said, repeating those words I wrote in the note I laid in her truck that day. Now she needed to be save more than ever. Eliza stood behind us and when I let go of Bella, she took Bella’s place. Edward, she thought. Please do not be too hard on him. Please, for me? I nodded in acceptation and held her tight. “It’ll be all right, I promise. She nodded and let go.

“May I ?”, she asked Bella, who nodded, and she lifted her up and held her firm in her arms. I heard Eliza with Bella with Alice and Jasper run towards the garage and Jasper starting the Mercedes and saw them disappear into the dark. They will be save, I hope.