Chapter Seventeen

I know this took me FOREVER to write and I hope it's what you expected, I know it was hard for me to jump back into the chapter but I think it worked out nicely. I'll be adding more to this chapter so if you read this on Dec. 14 @ 9:00 it'll be draft one. Thanks(:

Chapter Seventeen

I woke up the next morning- scratch that, the next night (gonna take some time getting used to that) feeling oddly refreshed. I was surprised by this and happy, today was going to be a good day, I told myself getting out of the overstuffed bed. I looked over at Aphrodite and saw her mouth hanging out and a stream of drool that had saturated her pink pillow case. What a girl, a Fledgling, an almost-Vampyre. Another thing to get used to, even though I had wanted this so badly it made my chest hurt just thinking about how badly I had needed to get away from my dad.

            Stop. I couldn’t think about my father, the guy who had tried to kill me on more than one occasion, he wasn’t a father to me. He hadn’t been for a long time, though I knew there was still a part in my heart that would forever and always love him.  But now, Nyx was my mother and she already loved me unconditionally.  I stretched and made a weird loud noise, which didn’t even make Aphrodite, move, my stomach growled and I made a mad dash for the bathroom. the faster I got ready the faster I could eat, I vaguely remember Dite saying that there was cereal and fruits in the kitchen of the dorms.

            As I was applying my shampoo my Mark sizzled, I touched it trying to ease the pain. One word floated to my mind; Zoey. I had pushed the thought away from my mind, the girl with the same Mark as mine and the bond that Nyx had created between us. I needed to know if the mind reading thing went both ways, because if so this could help us talk without either of us having the people we hung around with think anything of it. I also wanted to know if Zoey had the weird blue spider veins that wrapped around her arms and wrist, they must be for something but I had touched anyone with them or tested anything out. I mean come on I find out I’m a Fledgling, my Marks filled in, Nyx wants me to be besties with the weird girl like me, I find out I have these weird powers and my roommate drools uncontrollable and is a Queen Bee. Yeah this should be an interesting year, if I don’t die from my body rejecting the change! Yeah great way to start! Thanks Nyx!

            “You’re welcome Amethyst, just know I haven’t given you or Zoey more than you can handle. I have given you just the right amount.”  I shiver from excitement as Nyx talks to me freely; I never want to lose this connection with Nyx. Just as her words float into my ears I see the color of them as they come towards me like fog. Okay so my mood is lifted to new extremes, Dite is going to have to wake up soon or I’ll start talking to myself.

            “Wait you want to talk to Zoey? Why?” Dite didn’t seem to understand and I couldn’t exactly say; Nyx talks to me and told me to befriend Zoey for the worlds benefit. She wouldn’t have believed me, or maybe she would but even in my head it sounded outlandish.

            “Yeah I… I have to talk to her about… something.” So lame.

            “Uh yeah okay tell me how that works out for you.” She seemed hurt, I could understand.

            “Come on lets go eat breakfast.” She nodded touching up her already touched up make-up; Dite was wearing a white button up shirt that had the first three buttons undone, over the top was a black corset like vest that had her year logo on it. She wore a black mini skirt and cobalt blue heels that looked scarily tall. Her blonde hair was in a loose bun and strains were left down, she curled them. Dite had dressed me in; bright purple long sleeve with a similar corset-vest but mine was a dark grey and soft like wool, I had demanded to wear skinny jeans but she picked the color; white, and then I wore purple flats that had black studs on the toe.