Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

               I knew I scored high on the placement test because not thirty minutes after taking it, in fourth period they called me to the office and last time they didn’t they waited a week to give me the great news that I could skip eighth grade but they wanted me to wait and finish the year.

               I collected my things just in case, since the teacher said it could be awhile. I walked through the halls with a new mojo; I was happier thanks to Neferet and Nate, Edge, and Shred’s attempts. But the only person that could make me really happy and take away the painful situation was Nyx. My fate and future was in her hands, but somehow I already felt like I was on her path.

               “What’s up with you and the new principle?” Some brunette girl asked I looked at her; she had dimples and ice blue eyes. She was carrying about bunch of slips in her hands; she tugged on her pink plaid skirt that was two sizes too small than her pixie sized body.

               “I uh don’t know what you mean.” I stood my ground raising an eye brow at her, she snorted at my answer.

               “You know what I mean.”

               “Actually I don’t.” I took a small step towards her, a small cough started in my throat, it felt funky and different from other coughs. Great I probably had some virus, maybe I cough now she’ll get sick too. That way everyone will stay away from me.

               “Whatever freak.” She muttered not so much under her breath and walked away swishing her hips as she did this. I turned back towards the office and opened the giant steel door. New.

               “Neferet?” I asked ignoring the office staff and walking straight to Neferet’s office.

               “Oh yes Ame your test scores came back, I must say I am VERY proud of you!” Her tone was almost giddy; I sat down gingerly in the chair a sweet smile spread thick on my face.

               “What were they?”

               “Ninety-seven percent accuracy,” she paused meeting my eyes, “that test was based off of college standards.” The last one I had taken was based off on senior standards.

               “Wow so I can start Junior year next trimester?” Her face softened like she was trying to break bad news for me.

               “Ame are you sure you want to do this? Can you at least give me two weeks?” I looked at her, confused, what did two weeks gave to do with anything.

               “Two weeks? For what?”

               “Till the full moon, I’m positive something will happen on the next full moon! Just at least till then, and the next day I’ll have you enrolled as a junior.” Next Trimester was a little more than three weeks away so I would be a junior sooner than I had planned if nothing happens.

               “Deal.” I put my hand out to shake hers, but she did something different; she grasped my forearm, which was weird but somehow felt right.

               “Deal.” She said smiling showing perfectly straight, non-fang, white teeth. Her emerald eyes twinkled like she was excited.

               Tasha picked me up after school and I was surprised when I saw Neferet come out and move towards her car; a shiny red Mercedes.