Chapter One

Fan Fiction

House of Night

Chapter One

Amesyth's Point Of View

            Hey. I mean hi. Oh I don't know what I mean, so greetings! Great now I definitely sound like a nerd. Oh well I kinda am, not like I should care what people think. But we all do, that's why we put make up on, dress the way we do, talk the way we do, it's the reason we want to do great things. So people will think enchanting magnificent things of us! But won't, they'll push you down; they'll say things about you that aren't true. People get jealous of people that do great, because everyone wants to be on top but unfortunately there's only one place on top.

            I wish I had known this, I wish I would've known how file and pathetic people are. Well humans are because I don't know how Vampires are. Sometimes I wish I knew they were, sometimes I wish I was a fledgling. But I'm not and I doubt I ever will be, because that would be the universe cares. And it doesn't, I'm convinced that.

            "Ame get down her!" A heartbeat later as I sprung up off my bed; "NOW!" This is why I gave up, my father, single-handedly "raising" me. My mom left him when I was barely walking, he blames me.

            "Coming!" I yelled fixing my plaid button up sweater I had saved up for, it was purple.  It had worked I hadn't gotten made fun of the first day I wore this, but the second and third and so on I had. Something about wearing something twice, whatever. I was to him in seconds since our apartment was so small, one bedroom and a kitchen, living room, which my dad used as his sleeping room.

            "Yeah?" I asked my dad who had a thin white tank top on that had two types of stains; sweat and liquor. I tried not to gag as I took in his stench, and you wonder why I get made fun of.

            "That damn principal of yours won't stop calling! Why the hell won't she stop calling?" He yelled getting off his garbage chair and slapped me clean across the face; I lost my balance and slammed into the wall behind me.

            "I don't know." I said not raising my voice; I clutched my face in my small hands.

            "Well stop it!" He threatened me and then sat back down laughing at some rerun of some stupid show. I ran to my room and lay on my bed. I had a single bed, a couple of shelves that I folded my clothes on and a desk that was two feet tall made of recycled wood I'd found.

            I crawled under the blanket and tried like heck not to cry, I succeeded until I heard the phone ring.

            I couldn't go to school the next day because I had a dark bruise on my cheekbone but trust me I've learned how to conceal a bruise. I ran next door to my "friend" a sophomore in beauty school, Tasha; she helped me with hiding bruises.

            "Damn girl you got a nice one this time, when you gonna stop street fighting?" Tasha asked, sometimes- most of the time I was jealous of her dark brown hair short, stopping at her shoulders, and her dark skin. And then there's the small fact that she blends in and has friends, everyone who meets Tasha is instantly her friend.

            "Yeah I know." I said nervously, I cracked my knuckles like I always did when I was nervous.

            "Girl your supposed to say; you should see the other guy, well in your case other girl." Tasha yabbed on while she fixed my face, this was usual for Tasha. To babble I mean, she didn't put make up on wounds and bruises for a living, no but when she babbled I called it; T-babble.