| XXV | Difficult Circumstances

*No POV*

As the Ninja entered the spacious room, the golden staff seemed like it was calling to them.

"The staff of the First Spinjitzu Master..." Kai mumbled in awe.

"Wait," Cole said before they all stepped in. "This is the second test, remember? Zane, what do you think?"

The nindroid stepped up, quickly scanning the room. "PIXAL can see no pattern. For this riddle room, I'm at a loss."

"Think about it," Jay told them. "The first test was a Spinjitzu Master can. So this one's a Spinjitzu Master cannot. Though saying it out loud... I don't like the sound of that."

"Then if we can't do this room... where else can we go? The door led us here," Scarlett commented, placing a finger on her chin. "Oh, I'm no good at riddles."

Kai hummed, taking a few steps forward. Unfortunately, his right foot stepped into the ground and a loud creak echoed in the room. "Oh shit."

Spikes shot from the wall on the other side, aiming right for them. Fortunately, they were able to dodge them all without getting hit.

Kai looked down with widened eyes as one of said spikes was dangerously close to his lower area. That would've hurt.

"Is everyone okay?" Cole asked once the commotion was over.

"That was a close one," Zane responded.

"Every step..." Jay gulped. "A trap."

"How does one reach the staff if it becomes more difficult with every step to get there?" the nindroid questioned. "If I'm correct, this riddle room poses quite the conundrum."

"Co...nundrum?" Scarlett repeated with a dumbfounded look. Jay only pat her back.

"So if a Spinjitzu Master can't do it... how are we supposed to reach the staff?" Cole asked.

"Watch and learn." With that, Kai seemed ready for a second round.

She stared at him with a ludicrous expression. "You almost got your dick cut off and you wanna go again?"

Cole leaned toward her, whispering, "Then it's a good thing you aren't with him anymore."

Scarlett gasped and would have smacked him had her hand not went right through him. He laughed, leaving Jay and Zane to wonder.

Ignoring the giggling behind him, Kai jumped into his Airjitzu tornado. He was so close to the staff and missed by a few inches, grabbing onto the rock instead.

Although that led to another spike heading right for his head. He jumped down, which triggered another contraption. A large, swinging metal bar came his way and he even had to jump over fire. But this continued dodging only triggered more traps, which led to an unfortunate situation for the fire ninja.

"Just stop!" Zane called out to him.

Then Jay stepped back and set off yet another set of traps. This time, the floor began dropping tile by tile, and a large rock swung toward the four ninjas on the side.

While they backed away, Cole couldn't and only held his hands in front of his face. Suddenly, he realized as it went right through him, "Wait, I'm a ghost. What am I worried about?"

Of course, a spurt of water shot at him. He jumped back with widened eyes. "That... that I can worry about!"

Finally, the traps seemed to stop save for the running water. Kai, however, was more than determined to get to the staff.