| VII | Stiix

*No POV*

The Ninja now walked across the bridge after being dropped off by the train, entering the city of Stiix. It was dull and somewhat gloomy, and the entire city was on top of the ocean—but they had more important matters on their minds—finding the scroll.

Scarlett gulped, her footsteps wobbly as if she was going to fall with one step. "So, uh... why didn't anyone tell me this was a city of water?"

"Welcome to Stiix!" a man atop a sign called out to the five. "Watch your step."

He was fishing, and he eventually fell into the water with a splash. Cole, Jay, and Zane looked over as he resurfaced, but when the earth ninja pointed to the two and behind him, they all found Kai sitting on the bridge, eyes widened, and Scarlett paralyzed with fear.

"We all knew Scarlett was afraid of water for some reason... but I didn't know you were afraid of heights," Jay said to his comrade.

"I'm fine with heights," Kai responded, grabbing the courage to stand up. "It's water I hate."

"Great, now we have two wussies."

Once the boys got across, they found the scarlet ninja behind them, carefully tip-toeing her way over there.

"Come on, you got it," Jay teased.

"I wanna go home."

"No you don't," Cole countered, instead heading over to grab her wrist and yank her to the end—she let out a small shriek.

And they were finally able to begin walking, her nerves calming down a little. Zane then said, "Now that we know our way to defeat ghosts, we should feel safer being surrounded by water—you two must get over your fear if we are going to find the scroll."

She pouted, crossing her arms. "Easy for you to say..."

But nevertheless, he was right. They were in the city of water, where the scroll resided. And if by the chance they were going to face Morro, they would have to be ready to fight at any moment in time, even if it was on the edge of that bridge.

Once officially entering the city, Jay held his nose. "Damn, what a dump. You'd think the thief who stole the Scroll of Airjitzu would have better taste."

"Uh, this is Ronin we're talking about. He'd steal the sea if it were worth anything," Cole told him. "We just have to figure out which rock he's under and get to the scroll before Morro does."

"Right... he's a thief. So, uh, what did he do to you guys and my brother that made you hate him?" Scarlett asked.

The four looked at each other, and then Zane patted her head, saying, "Let's split up."

"What? You aren't gonna tell me?"

They walked into a pawn shop, leaving her outside with her mouth hanging open. "I thought we told each other everything...! I'm hurt."

She ended up following them in anyway, joining in their search. She searched shelves that she could reach, Jay helping her out with the taller ones when she needed it—but they didn't find anything, besides Cole's father's Blade Cup trophy, and that's how they knew they were in the right shop.

When a whistle was heard, the Ninja ended up hiding—and then, when the man himself came out with a blue vase, Jay and Zane jumped down, the blue ninja saying, "Ronin. Going so soon?"

And then Cole and Kai jumped down with Scarlett, the five cornering him. He wore leather armor over his blue shirt, a red hat similar to Wu's. He had a bit of stubble as a beard, showing that he was a bit older—late twenties, perhaps—and his defining feature was the strange eyepatch he wore over his right eye.