| XVII | Catching Up

*No POV*

The scream made the Ninja stop in their tracks, the rock even shaking a bit.

"Now what's that sound?" Jay questioned.

"Another gust?" Cole suggested.

However, Kai looked up and frowned at the tons of snow rushing in their direction. "Worse... avalanche!"

They began to run away, but the snow was catching up to their mechs and only getting closer. "Here it comes, hold on!"

But there was nothing to hold on to, and so, they were caught in it. The five mechs were now sliding down, the Ninja letting out screams.

"I can't control my mech!" Cole shouted as if he had done something wrong again.

"None of us can!" Scarlett yelled, accidentally getting some snow in her mouth. "Ew, that's cold."

Unfortunately, Jay's mech had crashed into a rock and he went flying, landing on a piece and riding it like a snowboard. At this point, considering they couldn't even stand them up, some had begun to get out of the machines.

Like Cole, for example. He shouted, "Jay, take my hand!" but failed to realize that it would go right through.

With a scream following behind, Jay shouted, "Concentrate, Cole!"

My hand... it's transparent again.

Kai also had his feet planted on his mech, jumping up and holding onto a branch. "I got it. Hey guys, I—!"

But he didn't finish his sentence as the branch broke off, him falling with it.

He had fallen right in the arms of the Scarlet Ninja, who almost fell upon catching him. "Oh, hi... mind giving me a warning next time?"

With a nervous chuckle, he answered, "Sorry about that. Thanks for the catch."

"Of course... but could you stand up now? Boys are kinda heavy."

Zane had continued to slide down, shouting, "Blimey, I'm trapped!"

Seeing the cliff of the mountain, Cole's eyes widened. "What do I do, what do I do?

Remember what everyone said to you. What do you do?

Taking a deep breath, he then said aloud, "You don't give up."

A large snowball was then in view, and thinking quickly, he dived into it.

The remaining four let out screams as they neared the edge. Thinking this was their end, they prepared for the worst.

They definitely didn't expect a large snow monster to stand in the way and catch Zane's mech, essentially saving them all.

For a few seconds, the only sound heard was the gasping and panting of the four. Then, unable to believe it as someone else, Jay asked meekly, "Cole, is that you?"

"Just picking you up to return the favor," he responded, placing them back on the ground.

"You possessed the snow..." Kai said, stepping off the mech with the others.

It then seemed to finally hit him that he indeed did possess the snow and saved their lives. "Yeah... I guess I did."

Jay laughed. "First we get Cyclondo, then we get a ghost on our side!"

"'Tis good to see you smile," Zane added.

"See? There's nothing to worry about!" Scarlett grinned, hooking her arm around Cole's shoulders.