| XIV | Fighting for Control

*No POV*

     Lloyd opened his eyes, a groan escaping him. His head hurt, it was pounding. For a second, he didn't even realize where he was.

     "Tell me something, Lloyd."

     That voice, that sinister voice made his whole mindset do a 360. He was trapped in his own head, unable to get out. And that was because Morro himself had taken possession of his body, unfortunately proving to be stronger than him.

     Everything around him was a dim green. Wherever Morro decided to take his body, that's what would appear in his mind—if he was conscious enough to see it. He was sure they had returned to the cave, as he recalled it from earlier.

     But he was only able to stand by and watch, his power completely leaving him. Morro was in control now, and he couldn't find it in himself to try and break free. Every time he tried, it would fail, and the ghost would overpower him.

     And so, when he called for him, the blonde only answered with a small, "What?"

     "Look at me and tell me that you're the most powerful Ninja—well, I'm the most powerful Ninja now."

     When he did as told, his head lifting, he found Morro sitting on a rock just a few feet from him, chin resting on his palm. He leaned on his elbow which was on his leg.

     Of course, what was particularly noticeable was the fact that he wasn't even a ghost—he had human skin, and his entire being was just... human. His black, shoulder-length hair with that green stripe was real.

     "What are you talking about?"

     Morro hopped off the rock, walking toward him. "The Green Ninja used to contain the four elements from each of the four ninjas—his protectors."

     "Thanks for the history lesson," Lloyd spoke rashly, standing up. He had an inch or two on Morro, which made him feel a bit more confident—except for when he always lost against him. "What's your point?"

     "I wanna know why your girlfriend told me that she's stronger than you—than me."

     Lloyd blinked, confused for a second. Then he realized he was talking about Scarlett—making him blush a bit at the girlfriend part—and then knew what he meant.

     "Oh... you mean you didn't know?"

     Morro didn't catch the glint in his eyes, the way his lips curved just a bit into a smile before returning back to its angered look.

     Lloyd continued to speak about her and even brought up the prophecy, knowing that this seemed to bother him. "Yeah, the others are my protectors. But it's stated that I'm her protector. She's the Ninja of the Dragon Flame—it's an ancient element never heard of for ages... until she came along, of course."

     "You're bluffing."

     "I have no reason to lie. She's much stronger than me, I'm sure... you'd even be able to tell if you saw her element. If she had her powers, she would've single-handedly taken you out. She can even turn into a dragon at will. Something me or the others can't do."

     "If that's the case, then why the hell hasn't she used them yet?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

     "She got them taken away by Chen," Lloyd answered. His arms were crossed over his chest as he tried to keep a toughward act against him—if he could rile him up with the fact that he hadn't taken the strongest Ninja, perhaps he could take control of his body back.