| V | Setting Out

*No POV*

Lloyd stood at the end of the deck, facing the ocean. Upon hearing footsteps behind him, he turned around and reached his hand out, smiling softly. "There you are."

Scarlett took it with ease, standing next to him. There wasn't such a major height difference between them, as Lloyd was a bit shorter than Kai, but the couple of inches were there.

"Wouldn't it be nice to just stay here... just the two of us? Without having to worry about fighting any more villains. Things could finally be peaceful in Ninjago," she said, leaning into his shoulder.

"But they can't."

Her eyes widened at the sudden change of tone in his voice, and she immediately tried to squirm to escape the grip he now had on her waist.

Looking up, Scarlett found not Lloyd, but Morro grinning down at her. "Once I get rid of you... I'll be able to finally control this weak body and make it my own. You and your friends will never be able to stop me."

And an evil cackle escaped him as fear crossed her expression, and the last thing she remembered was a solid punch to the face.

Scarlett woke with a jolt, her eyes watered. Seeing the other Ninja around her, Nya and her brother, and Wu and Misako, she calmed down a bit.

It was just a dream... thank goodness.

She also saw a bunch of mammals with horns, and one was coming her way—she flinched.

"Are you alright?"

Scarlett turned to see her brother, who frowned at her glass-like eyes, which was due to the tears threatening to spill. She wiped them away quickly, but instead of mentioning it, he only took her hand and lifted her to her feet.

"Come," he said softly. "I've saved you a bowl of breakfast."

Seeing that the noodles in a blue bowl have been untouched by the strange animals, she smiled a bit. "Thanks."

Cole nudged her slightly with a small grin. "Someone finally decided to get up."

"Hey... uh, just a question. What are those things?"

"Wallopers. Haven't you ever heard of them? I thought you grew up in the woods or something."

"I never got the best of education—or any decent education—but I never came into contact with something like that. Nor was I ever raised in the woods, stupid."

Misako then began to speak, unintentionally interrupting their conversation. "As far as I knew, the Tomb was only a fable, until I saw what's on the staff."

"Does she know what the symbol means?" Kai asked.

"Just the first one," Jay answered. "And guess what? It's Airjitzu!"

"Airjitzu?" Scarlett interrupted, poking her head closer toward Misako.

"A lost martial art created by Sensei Yang, who passed years ago," she explained. "If mastered, it allows one to temporarily take flight."

"You hear that, Scar? We get to fly!"

She faced the blue ninja, smiling. "You seem a bit too excited about this."

Wu only shook his head at him. "You haven't found it yet. The Scroll of Airjitzu is well-guarded in the ancient Library of Domu."

"Forgive me if I speak out of turn," Zane cut in, placing a hand on the side of his head. "But my records reveal it was recently stolen."