| XXVII | Recovered Team

*No POV*

Scarlett ran as fast as she could, quickly catching up to Lloyd—who was unfortunately unable to swim by himself and was being taken away by the river's current. I'm there... I'm there...!

"Lloyd!" she cried, getting as close as she could without touching the water.

Ah, that was the issue. The water.

She clenched her teeth, her feet slowing. "I... I can't swim...!"

Cole looked absolutely mortified at her words, and especially when he realized she wasn't speeding toward him anymore. "You can't swim? I can't even touch the water! I'm a ghost, remember? I don't know what the hell your damn reflection was, but I didn't have one! What happens to me?"

Hearing his words, Scarlett gulped. "Y- You're right..." I can't chicken out now... not when I promised everyone and myself so many times that we'd get him back.

Running a bit more, she then dove into the water—not so gracefully—and weakly doggy paddled to get him.

Jay, Kai, and Zane were busy fighting Morro to distract him from the Realm Crystal—which happened to also be moving with the current. Jay effortlessly dodged the wind master's attacks, and when given the chance, Zane froze the Sword of Sanctuary. For some time, he wouldn't be able to use it. Kai took the opportunity to kick him down, but once again, he refused to let go of the sword. The three continued their small battle.

Scarlett had grabbed Lloyd by the torso, her head surfacing. "C- Cole!" she coughed, reaching her hand out.

She was able to hold onto a rock until he was close enough to grab her without getting splashed. Unfortunately, her grip slipped and she let out a small scream as she began floating away.

Lloyd was barely able to open his eyes, the only time being when he coughed to get some water out of his mouth.

"Don't let go of me, Lloyd," she whispered, raising her face to the high roof of the cave to avoid any water going up her nose. "Just hang on while I... while I grab onto something..."

When his left arm weakly grabbed her waist, she held onto him a bit tighter. He had heard her, and that's what mattered at the moment.

That, and not falling down the deep waterfall.

The fight with Morro didn't exactly end in a victory. Jay had accidentally shocked Zane and rushed to his aid. Kai only struggled more without the help of his teammates and Morro having the ability to see his next attack. Eventually, Morro had gotten the better of him and made it out.

Jay looked over at the team of three with widened eyes. "Scarlett's got Lloyd... but who's got Scarlett?"

"You have to grab them, Cole!" Zane shouted. "Before they both go over!"

Cole noticed Scarlett slowly sinking despite her best efforts to stay up. Her shorter stature didn't help, and as much as she hated to admit it, Lloyd was dragging her down. If she was going to drown, there was no way Lloyd would make it out, either.

Tears stung her eyes from all the water landing on her face and the bit that had gone down her throat. Please, Cole... they others are too far back...!

"Oh, come on!" he groaned, running to the edge. Once he made it there, finding Scarlett getting closer, he extended a shaky hand out. If even just a splash of water got on him, it was over for all three of them. "Scarlett, grab my hand!"