Pewds Chapter One

Ruby (POV)

I squinted by eyes as the daylight sun entered my room. I slowly threw my blanket off of me and flopped out of bed. I checked my clock 7:00am. "Ugh! Stupid Sun! I'm not used to waking up till 10!" I moaned as I headed back to my bed.

The second I made contact the alarm goes off. "Alright girls wake up!" Ms. Hadie snapped turning the over head light on. All the girls groaned as there eyes adjusted to the light.

"School is starting in one hour and we have an adoption at 10" She yelled as she left, slamming the door. "Wow this is like the nicest she's been all year" Brooke laughed as she canon balled on my bed.

"She couldn't be nice if it slapped her in the face" I growled being my normal grumpy morning self. "Well school starts soon so I'm getting dressed" She said heading to her dresser.

I put on my cream colored beanie, a Minecraft T-shirt, jeans, and some Converse and sat at my desk. My desk is usually my bested friend here in the orphanage. Well minus Brooke.

The other girls tend to like to do Make-up and each others hair and gossip like little celebrities. "Whatcha Doin'?" Brooke asked in her little kid voice. "I'm going to watch Pewdiepie's new video before we go downstairs for school" I mumbled as my mind sinks into the computer.

What felt like 5 minutes later all the girl headed down stairs for school. We sat down and started another boring day. Usually in school all we did was watch her explain and not do anything, not even a worksheet! Now that I think of it, I don't even know what homework is! And honestly I don't really remember much of what we learned, maybe Math? I don't know, all I could think about was the adoption today. The most dreadful moment of the day. I can see it now.

Wife: OMG! Look at the beautiful girl! She's marvellous

Husband: Yes let's get her

Me: But you haven't seen the rest of us-

Girl: *Batts eyelashes* But I'm the best *gets adopted*

It's not a joke, it's happened like that many times.

I used to have hope, hope that one day I would be adopted, but after years of not getting adopted I have no reason to believe. All people want is the pretty girls, the girly girls, the ones that catch your eyes not your heart. Who cares if they are smart or kind. As long as they are pretty they don't care! And that sucks for a tomboy like me and Brooke. Suddenly I snapped back into reality as the clock struck 10:00 and in comes the couple. Yay...