Chapter 19

Calista walked into the Charming Family loft, she saw Emma and David trying to put together a crib as Mary Margaret watched them as they struggled.

Calista walked to Mary Margaret, "Why don't you just call Marco? He's really good at this sort of thing," Mary Margaret said.

"No!" Emma and David said in unison.

"No, we're fine," David said.

"This looks like fun," Calista said.

"Did you have trouble with a crib?" David asked.

"Uh, no... Rumpel, he conjured one as I watched him change the colours," Calista said.

"Should we even be doing this? Ever since the showdown between Regina and the Wicked Witch, we haven't seen Zelena or Gold or Naomi at all," Mary Margaret held Calista's hand, "Shouldn't we be focusing on her next move?" Mary Margaret said.

"We are. We just can't stop living," Emma said.

"She's right, Mary Margaret," Calista said.

"And this crib is a statement, we're not gonna lose another baby," David said.

Regina walked in, "And, thanks to me, you won't. I'm finished," Regina said.

"So, did it work? Were you able to put up a new protection spell?" David asked her.

"One that can't be undone by blood magic, which means Zelena won't be able to put her hands on that baby," Regina said.

"Any idea why she would want to?" Mary Margaret asked.

"The number of spells involving baby parts would surprise you. That greenie is clearly one twisted witch, but as long as we're in here, we're safe," Regina said.

"That's useless. I think we need to stop playing defence and start taking the fight to her," Emma said.

"I would agree but I don't want to be attacked by my husband again," Calista said.

"Did you not see how I barely outwitted her yesterday and how much blood Calista nearly lost. She has magic... Powerful magic. She has Rumpel and Naomi on top of her own," Regina said.

"I have magic, too. You've seen me use it. I just can't always control it. But if you and I teamed up if you... Taught me," Emma said.

"Now, why does this feel so familiar?" Regina asked.

"I'm ready this time," Emma said.

"Okay, but if we do this, we do this my way. This isn't drinking stale coffee at a stakeout or... Whatever you did as a bail bondsperson. This is a way of life, you have to fully commit to it," Regina said.

"Not a problem," Emma said.

"Meet me at my vault in one hour," Regina said as she walked out the door.

"And no complaining, I'm doing this. It's the only way and yes, I will be careful," Emma said.

"We know," Mary Margaret said.

"Don't worry, we'll watch Henry when he gets back from the store," David said.

"Actually... I'm not sure that's the best idea," Emma said.

"What? What is it?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm just... Gonna go..." Calista said and walked to the door.

"Chicken," Emma said.

"They're your parents, you tell them," Calista said and walked out.

Calista made her way to the diner and she sat in a booth, she took a deep breath, resting her head on her hand.