Chapter 12: Snowed In

Ryder's POV

I'm nervous. Why the hell am I nervous? I'm an Alpha, I'm not supposed to get nervous. Oh who am I kidding. Jas makes me nervous. I know as soon as I see those eyes, I'm gone. Now that I know she likes me too, my wolf and I couldn't be happier. Because we kissed, the pull is stronger. As our relationship progresses, so does the bond. I need to see her, which is why I wanted to have everyone over. We have these movies night at my house often, and they usually end up the same way; we try to agree on a movie, we argue, we finally decide on one, and we get halfway through before we just start messing around and have it play in the background. We all wear comfy clothes, eat pizza, popcorn and just relax. I was taking out all the DVD's before the door bell rang. Before I even opened door, I could smell my mate's scent instantly putting a smile on my face.

"Hi," she smiled once I opened the door, "Sorry I should have told you I was on my way. I just don't like driving in snow and wanted to get here before it started and-"

"It's fine, Jas. Really. I'm happy you're here." I lightly grabbed her hand pulling her out of the cold and into my arms. She let out a small laugh and hugged me back.

"I'm gonna get the snacks together, do you wanna help?" She nodded as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Could you please hand me a bowl from that top cabinet while I pop the popcorn and get the chips out?" She smiled and nodded quickly before turning around to the cabinet I pointed to. I laughed when I saw slump her shoulders.

"Too short to reach?" I teased with a smile.

She tried to hold back a smile and glared at me. "Nope, I got it." she said waving me off.

I gave her an unconvinced nod before looking through the pantry to find the popcorn and the chips. I finally found everything I needed when I heard Jasmine speak in a soft voice.

"Ryd...can you please help me?"

I turned around to see her sitting on the countertop, arms crossed. Her messy bun was a bit messier than it was before with peices hanging down, making her look even cuter. The sweatpants she was wearing were a little big on her making her look even smaller, and the small pout she had on her face resembled a cute little kid.

I shook my head walking over to her, "You know, this wouldn't have happened if you just admitted you were too small and needed help."

"Hey I thought I could do it!" She playfully smacked my arm. I stood between her legs and reached up grabbing the large bowl, then placed it on the counter.

"You made it look so easy." She spoke looking up at me. I tucked the pieces of hair that fell from her bun behind her ear.

"You look cute." I said before I could stop myself.

Once again she tried to hide a smile and rolled her eyes, "I'm in sweats and a sweatshirt. I don't look 'cute'."

"You do," I rested my hands on her waist, "You look cute in anything...even sweats."

She blushed biting her lower lip. I put my finger under her chin lifting it up. I lightly brushed my thumb across her lower lip pulling it from in between her teeth. She looked down from my eyes to my lips as I leaned in.

Ding dong

"Are you serious? The one time they decide to use the doorbell..."

She laughed, "Go get the door. It's cold, don't keep them waiting."

"Fine." I kissed her on the cheek then helped her hop down from the counter before wrapping her hand in mine making our way to the door.

"Hey guys. Great timing!" I said sarcastically.