Chapter 11: After Kiss // Ryder

Ryder's POV

What is it about today? Maybe it's the fact that I actually ate breakfast, which I almost never do. Maybe it's because my coffee was extra good today. Maybe it's because I started my morning off with a jog through the woods in my wolf. Or maybe it's the fact that Jasmine and I kissed last night...yeah sounds about right. My wolf and I beam with happiness every time I think about it...every time I think about her. My wolf is beginning to become frantic as I think about it. I can't help it, there was just so much about that kiss. The way my arms wrapped easily around her waist, and her body fit into mine, shielding her from the winter cold. How the kiss was so much for her that her legs got weak, and I held her tightly to hold her up. The constrast between the softness of her lips and the roughness of her hands as they went into my hair.

I already miss her. I miss my mate, and I had just spent the whole night with her. No matter how hard I try...I can't help but need her. I want her here with me. I want her laying in bed with me, asleep on my chest, on this Sunday morning. I could trace the outline of her body with my fingers, and sweep her hair out of her face so I could see those beautiful features. I could kiss her neck, right where my mark would be, to wake her up. Damn. It shouldn't be legal to have a kiss like that then have her not be here with me now. When I finally felt her lips on mine, I didn't want it to ever stop.

The mating pull between us is growing stronger. When we're in the same room, I need her closer. When she's sitting near me, I want to pull her into my lap. It's nothing I've ever felt before and as cheesy as it sounds, it seems unreal; too good to be true.

I like you too, Ryder.

I can't stop thinking about it. I didn't know my heart could even skip a beat until then. My wolf howled in excitement thinking about the words that left her lips, and I'm surprised he hasn't run out energy being so energetic this morning. She likes me. My mate likes me back.

I need to talk to her. If I can't have her hear with me, I need to hear her voice. I picked up my phone and searched her name. I took a breath before I clicked call.

"Hello?" She said and I was so happy to hear her voice.

"Hi." I said with a smile.

"I was just think-" she quickly cut herself off.

I want to know what she was going to say. "What?"

"Nevermind, it's nothing." She said trying to sound believable, but I could see right through her without even needing to actually see her.

"Jasmine." I simply said her name trying to convince her to tell me. I don't want her to think she can't tell me something, or to not feel comfortable telling me what she's thinking.

She took a deep breath. "I was going to say I was just thinking about you."

I smiled as big as I did last night when she told me she liked me too. "I've been thinking about you all morning and finally decided I needed to talk to you." I admitted.

A little time passed and she didn't say anything. I knew she was blushing.

"Jas, I can practically feel you blushing through the phone." I teased. Shit. I just called her Jas. Oh no, she probably hates it. It just came out. A little time passed once again, and still no answer.

"Jasmine?" I called her name.

"Oh! Sorry! I'm here."

I laughed at how frantic she sounded. It's cute. "It's ok. Do you want to come over tonight? Everyone else is coming and we're just gonna hang out and watch movies. I would love if you could make it."

"Yeah of course!" she said quickly. I smiled. Maybe she wanted to spend as much time with me, as I wanted with her.

"Great,"

Ryder, important pack stuff just came up. We gotta talk. Brad mindlinked with me. I hated to get off the phone with my mate.

"I'm sorry. I've got to run, family stuff I have to handle," I also hated not telling her about a big part of my life, "So I'll see you later?"

"Yeah. Wouldn't miss it."

"Can't wait to see you." I admitted before I could stop myself.

"You too, Ryd." Ryd...Ryd. I love it. I want to hear her say it again and again.

"Ryd?" I teased.

"Sorry, uh," she did that cute thing where she stuttered on her words once again, "It kinda just came out," she began to speak faster, another cute and nervous habit I realized she had, "I won't call you that if-"

I stopped her, "No I like it when you say it." I smiled.

"Oh ok..Jas is good too by the way." She teased.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Thank goodness. I said it and I was scared you would hate it."

She laughed. A sound I could never get tired of hearing. "I like it."

"I'm glad,"

Ryder. Brad mindlinked me again speaking more eagerly.

"I'm sorry I really have to go, I'll see you later. Bye, Jas."

"It's ok. Bye, Ryd."

I began to walk out of my room, a smile still on my face. Jas and Ryd.

~

I really hope you liked this! I tried to do something interesting with the situation and have both of their POV's.

I seriously cannot believe the response I've gotten on this story. Over 1k votes?! That's crazy. I've gotten such lovely comments, that are amazing and make me write faster. (I'll respond to them soon!") I've gotten really nice constructive critism, that I really apprecate it, so I can fix errors and stuff. Thank you so those who correct the spanish! I really need that because I have zero knowlege on anything related to the spanish language. I can't believe I have over 100 comments and it's only chapter 11. Thank you guys so much! Oh and for the follows too! It's truly amazing. You guys make me write faster and I'll try not to make you guys wait a century for an update xoxo