Chapter 9: Soul Mates

Ryder's POV

Everyone arrived to the party and all anyone is talking about is...Jasmine. I mean how could they not? People were coming up with excuses to come talk to me, so they could come talk to her. Eventually they just gave up on the excuses and just walked up to her introducing themselves. Everyone was mind linking me telling me how pretty she is, how nice she is, well nothing I don't already know. She's had a smile on her face the whole night and it's absolutely beautiful. When I saw her for the first time I couldn't help but smile and whisper "wow" under my breath. No one is supposed to be that pretty, it should be impossible. The dress she's wearing fits her perfectly, showing all the curves she has. It's distracting sometimes...admiring her. The way her eyes scrunch together when she laughs. Or how her eyes light up when she talks to the kids. It's amazing that she likes kids and is good with them considering the Luna is a strong part in a werewolves child's life. She's a good Luna and she doesn't even know what it is.

I was afraid to "make a move" before the night started. I know she's my mate, and I know she has feelings for me, but everything my parents said led me to believe that maybe I'll scare her away if I move too fast. But I can't help it. The way her hand fits in mine perfectly, or the way she leans into my touch when we're standing close to each other. Or how when I had to let go of her hand so she could hug my mom, she brushed her hand against mine sending me a clue that she wanted to hold my hand again. I didn't realize it was possible to fall for someone so quickly, but I'm ok with it. Jasmine's amazing and this is only the beginning.

At an Alpha's induction ceremony there's four "traditions". The Alpha in command gives a few words about passing down the position, and that's what my dad did. He didn't say anything too specific, knowing Jasmine is here. He said things like he was proud to have a son like me that will be able to be a head of the family and take responsibility for family matters. Well werewolf matters to be exact. After that the new Alpha gives a speech and be announced Alpha. However, there's certain things I have to say in order to officially become alpha, so we did that part earlier when Jasmine wasn't here yet. Now, I can give the speech when my dad called me up. I was about to walk up but Jasmine didn't let go of my hand. I turned back around to look at her and stepped closer.

"Just wanted to say good luck," She smiled then blushed shaking her head.
"Sorry that was stupid, it's not like you're nervous or-"

"No it wasn't stupid," I smiled, "It was just what I needed to hear. Thanks." I brushed my thumb against her hand.

She nodded with a that cute smile and wow I couldn't wait much longer to kiss her. I turned around and realized everyone was staring at us with smiles on their faces. Once she realized she blushed even harder looking down. I put my finger under her chin lifting it up.

I whispered quietly so no one could hear, "If they're gonna stare, give them something to look at. You're beautiful, let everyone else see it." I heard her heart beat pick up and I smiled knowing I have that affect on her. I squeezed her hand before I let go, making my way to the front of the room.

"Hi everyone. Thank you so much for coming tonight. It's amazing having everyone here. I can't believe I'm already 18...that it's already time for me to be a head of this family. To be honest, I was nervous. I didn't even think I could get nervous until recently. Until I met someone who actually does make me nervous," I took a quick glance at Jasmine and she smiled winking at me. My god that's new. How could someone wink and make it both cute and sexy. I guess she's gaining confidence around me, and I really like it. "When I told this person that I was nervous, she reminded me of something. That I'm not alone. That I'm not doing this alone. Especially with a family like this. We're all so close and I know that whenever someone needs help, especially me in this case, you guys will be here to help. So I'm so happy and grateful to be a part of a family as strong as ours and I'm happy I could lead a family as amazing as this one."