Chapter 14- Blood And Tears

WARNING: MENTION/DESCRIPTION OF BLOOD AND MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH. IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU, JUST SCROLL TO THE END OF THE CHAPTER AND I WILL GIVE YOU A CHAPTER RECAP. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Luke's POV

When Alex, Reggie and I poofed into Caleb's club, we found ourselves behind the stage we had been forced to play on less than three weeks ago. I looked around and shuddered. I had hoped to be rid of this place forever, but apparently fate had other plans.

"Okay, if I were a little teenage scumbag working for Caleb, where would I be?" Reggie growled, looking around at all the costumes and makeup.

"Wait," Alex whispered, pulling us behind a costume rack. "If we're seen, we might get trapped here again."

At that moment, a ghost poofed just a few feet away from the costume rack we were hiding under, followed by another.

"When is the show starting?" One of them asked.

"Twenty minutes, I think," the other answered. "Caleb wants you to take this to the girl."

My eyes narrowed. So Nick had  taken Julie here.

"You want me to take it to her now?"

"Not yet. Caleb just went to her cell."

My blood boiled. Cell? Caleb was keeping her in a cell?

I clenched my fists and let out a low growl. Alex put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a look that said calm down before you get us caught.

I peeked through a bunch of fluffy costumes and saw two pairs of shoes facing each other for a split second before they poofed away. We slowly climbed out from behind the rack. I gave the signal to the guys and we poofed into the hallway.

I looked down the hallway to make sure the coast was clear before leaning against the steel door in front of me.

"Where could he have taken her?" Alex asked quietly, scuffing his feet on the ground.

"I don't know," I said. "But when I get my hands on him- both of them... they'll be sorry." Reggie nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. No one hurts Julie and gets away with it."

"Alright, but we don't even know where to look," Alex said. I bit my lip.

"Neither do I," I replied. "But we can't leave without Julie."

The guys nodded as I got lost in my thoughts. Who knows what Caleb and Nick have done to her by now? Were they using her to get to us? Or do they actually need her for something? They could have hurt her, or worse...

I shook my head. Don't think like that, I scolded myself. She'll be fine, and we're going to make sure of it.

"So where do we start?" Reggie asked. 

"I don't know, maybe we try to find Willie?"

I shook my head.

"We don't know  if Willie's even here, Alex," I said. "Plus, it's too much of a risk. I say we go through all these rooms here-" I gestured to all the steel doors lining the hallway- "and go from there."

"That's not a good idea either," Alex said. "What if we waltz right into a room and Caleb sees us?"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. Everything we thought of only lead to a dead end.

"We have to find Julie," Reggie said confidently. "So we have to take the risk."

He was right. Our first priority here was Julie's safety, not ours.