Chapter 13- Meet Caleb Covington

Julie's POV

It had only been a few minutes since Caleb had poofed in, grabbed Nick, and poofed out, but I was already nervous. What would he do to Nick?

I sighed as I leaned my back against the wall and wrapped my arms around my knees, which I  had pulled to my chest. I looked around the room once more, but there was nothing special about it. No windows, no decoration, no carpet- just the floors, walls, ceiling, and steel door on the other side of the room.

I thought about the boys. Would they come for me? I was pretty sure they would, but who knows? What if Caleb had found them and hurt them? What if they had already gotten here and were already imprisoned, or worse?

I shook my head violently. I couldn't let myself think that. They would be fine. No irrational thinking, Julie.

All of a sudden, I heard noises from outside the door. I jerked my head up, my heart suddenly pounding so fast I thought it would explode. 

There was a shuffling noise, and hushed voices coming from outside the door. I slowly stood up, my chains clinking as I got to my feet.

I stood in silence, trying to hear as best as I could, but the voices were too muffled, and eventually, they stopped.

I sighed and slid back down the wall, the silence washing over me once again. I clasped my hands together and stared at them. I wondered what Caleb wanted from me. Was he using me as bait, to draw the boys to him? Was I just a pawn?

All of a sudden, a ghost poofed into the room. I growled and looked up to yell at Caleb some more- but it wasn't Caleb.

It was a tall, blonde-haired ghost who had a blank expression on his face. In his hands, he was holding a red satin dress with a black silk ribbon and black open-toed wedges. He was also carrying shiny blood red earrings that looked like they were in the shape of arrows. 

"Caleb wants you to put this on," the blonde ghost said, staring at a point above my head. I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not doing anything that creep wants."

"Caleb said you'd say that," the ghost said, taking a step closer. "He also said that if you don't do what he asks, he will kill your friend Nick."

I bit my lip and hesitated for a moment.

"Well, I can't exactly change with my hands bound," I said. As if on cue, the chains disappeared and my wrists were free. Knowing that Nick's life was on the line, I decided not to try to escape through the door.

I calmly walked over to the blonde ghost and snatched the clothes out of his hands with a huff. The ghost nodded once and poofed out of the room.

I held out the dress in front of me and stared at it. Although it was beautiful, and the cloth was smoother than silk, I still despised it. I didn't want any part in whatever Caleb was planning.

I sighed in defeat and pulled my shirt over my head, which had gotten dirty from me lying on the ground in the bare room.

Once I was done changing, a mirror and a makeup stand immediately appeared against the wall, making me jump. I cautiously approached the stand and grabbed a tube of mascara, and once nothing happened, I breathed out a sigh of relief and began to apply my makeup.

Once I was done, I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. On any other day, I would have felt like the most beautiful girl in the world, but today, I was too distracted by anger and fear to even care about what I looked like.

I walked back to my corner and rubbed my wrists, which had become raw and had started to bleed. I winced as I tenderly pressed my shirt, which I had thrown into the corner, against the cuts to stop the bleeding.