Chapter 19- The Walls Come Tumbling Down

Reggie's POV

I groaned and tilted my head back, cursing everyone and everything. This guys doesn't quit, does he? 

"Get Julie out of here," I said to Luke, who was currently holding Julie up on her good leg. He nodded but Julie looked between us, confused.

"What? No, I can't just leave you guys-"

"Your knee is broken, Jules," Luke said seriously. "There's nothing you can do."

Ignoring her protests, Luke led her out the red doors and into the hallway. Nick followed them, obviously not wanting to be a part of this. Once Julie was out of harms way, I turned back to Caleb, glaring at him. This guy had the audacity to kidnap Julie, bust up her knee, and then tell us she was dead? I still don't know his motives, but he's clearly got some issues.

"I don't know who you think you are," Caleb snarled, "but you cannot just barge in here and try to kill me on my turf."

"Okay first of all, you're already dead, dude," I shot back, "and second of all, you're the one who kidnapped Julie! Did you really think we'd sit back and let that happen?"

"No, I suppose not," Caleb said. "But you three are just a hitch in my plan. Once you're out of the way, I'll be free to use Julie to my full extent."

Beside me, I heard Luke let out a low growl.

"Cool your jets, Romeo," I whispered. "Rushing in headfirst is only gonna make things worse. Again." Luke sighed and unclenched his fists. Meanwhile, Caleb waltzed closer to us.

"I'll let you in on a little secret," he said, walking closer. "I don't plan on killing your precious Julie. But if I have to, I will, and then I'll capture her soul, like I have everyone else in this club." I had a sudden flashback to the room full of souls in jars and shuddered.

"You'll never get away with this!" I yelled. Caleb snorted.

"Oh? And why is that?" 

I hesitated and bit my lip.

"Oh, um, I dunno. Just seemed like the right thing to say," I admitted. Caleb laughed coldly.

"I really can't believe I ever thought you three were special."

"Reggie, let's not encourage him, okay?" Luke said. "He's got a better chance of coming out of this than we do." I narrowed my eyes. Was he really trying to argue right now?

"Luke is correct," Caleb said. Luke glared at him.

"Don't agree with me," he spat. Caleb laughed again. He was now less than ten feet away from us.

"This will be fun."

"Yeah, for us!" Alex yelled, throwing a random piece of debris in Caleb's direction. I jumped, having completely forgotten he was there. Caleb dodged the rock and looked at Alex, unimpressed.

"Good job, Alex," Luke said sarcastically. Caleb raised his hand and another jet of purple smoke shot out of the floor, creating yet another massive hole. He sent it our way, but we quickly poofed to the other side of the room where Willie joined us.

"Willie! Any tips?" Luke asked. Willie shook his head.

"I've got no idea how to defeat him."

I sighed. Well that's just great.

Caleb sent another pillar of smoke at us, and we poofed away again.

"Hide, Willie," Alex whispered. "There's no reason for you to be put in danger, too." I internally cooed at the adorable-ness Julie calls Willex.