Chapter 10- Gone

Luke's POV

I anxiously played with the hem of my sleeveless jacket as I sat on the couch next to Julie's sleeping body. The only movement indicated from her was the steady rise and fall of her chest as she slept.

Alex and Reggie were sitting on the edge of the table in front of me, also waiting for Julie to wake up. I chewed on my lip for what felt like the twentieth time in the last five minutes as the memories played in my head.

After Julie explained her most recent encounter with Nick, I was seeing red. I had never hated someone this much in my entire life, and I knew the same went for Alex and Reggie. Hearing Julie tell us that he chased her and Flynn down the hallway made me want to beat him to a pulp until he stopped breathing- and then some.

"You can't hide behind your little ghost band forever, Julie! When I get my hands on you, I'll make sure they'll never see you again!"

The last words Nick spoke before he stopped banging on the door and left still sent shivers up my spine. Why did he want Julie so badly? What was he going to do to her? And how did he find out we were ghosts?

"Urghhh..."

I whipped my head around and saw Julie slowly opening her eyes. Alex and Reggie leaped off the table and leaned down next to the couch, where Julie was slowly stirring.

"Julie?" I asked softly as she blinked rapidly. She looked at me, her eyes half open and unfocused.

"Luke?" She mumbled. "What happened?" I looked at the guys who shrugged and gave me the just tell her motion with their hands.

"You passed out," I replied. She squinted her eyes at me.

"How long was I out?" She asked.

"Two hours," Reggie said. Julie's eyes widened as she attempted to jump off the couch. Alex, Reggie and I jumped up and held her down.

"Let me go, guys!" She shouted, looking at us angrily.

"You shouldn't be walking around yet," Alex said. "Just give your body a minute to adjust." Julie huffed and stopped struggling, so the guys and I released her.

"Fine," she grumbled. "But just so you know, school ends any second so be prepared for a wild Flynn to burst in here soon." I rolled my eyes.

"I think we got it," I said. Julie sighed and tilted her head to look at the ceiling of the studio. I took that moment to appreciate how truly beautiful she was. Her dark brown curles, her beautiful, big eyes, her perfect smile... she was perfect, to me.

"You should probably stop staring." I jumped and flew to my feet to see Reggie and Alex standing behind me, cackling. 

"I wasn't staring," I lied, my face burning from embarrassment.

"Yeah, sure," Reggie said, shooting me a look. I groaned.

"Come on, guys, how can you not stare at her?" I asked. "She's so perfect!" Reggie and Alex looked at each other and burst out laughing again.

"Oh man, you've got it bad," Alex said between laughs, bending over and clutching his stomach.

"What's so funny?" I heard Julie ask curiously.

"Nothing!" I said quickly, kicking the guys' shins. They both winced and glared at me, rubbing their legs. All of a sudden, the studio doors flew open to reveal a very disheveled Flynn, who took off running to Julie's side when she spotted her on the couch.

"Oh my god, Jules! Are you okay? How did the day go? Where are the guys?" Oh, right. Reggie, Alex and I quickly made ourselves visible and rushed over to Julie.