Chapter 8

As they all get together at Dawn's house, helping Kara move in with her. Ezra also decide's to stay over there, saying how she misses the three of them being together and it will be like the old times. Meanwhile, Asher goes back to Axel's apartment while Dylan goes back to his own.

Kara, all this time, doesn't cry. Her emotions were mixed. Being unable to explain them, she opted to stay quiet and laid on the bed of the guest room which was now her own. Seeing, their friend being so mute, made Ezra and Dawn worried. They start trying different ways to make her laugh or at least for a moment, forget about all the bad that took place. Kara takes a loving, grateful look at her friends and noticing their effort to make her happy, the corner of her lips curls and she softly adds,

"I am fine, guys. Truly. I am sad but what I am sad about isn't about leaving him but more about the fact that why didn't I take this step earlier when I first started seeing all the signs. I shouldn't have been so ignorant. Weirdly enough, I feel strong. There is this strange sense of freedom despite knowing that I don't know where to go from here and I am sort of lost but that isn't affecting me at all. I, actually, feel happy. And I wonder how long it has been since I last felt this contented. Thank you guys, really. I owe you a lot. Everything that happened was sudden, and I admit that over the way here, I was having doubts about taking a step too fast but now, I really glad that I did what I did."

"Aww...that's great."

"Yeah, all I am happy about is that you are happy."

Ezra jumps on top of her and starts tickling her.

"Ahahah...stop....you know I am ticklish...ahahahaha...."

Kara's giggles roared in the empty apartment.

"Now, that you know you are happy so no more thinking about that idiot and smile."

"Yeah, be happy."

Dawn also starts tickling her.

Kara, tries to defend herself using her hands but fails in front of two opponents.

"Okay..okay..I...will...stop...my stomach is gonna burst...."

Their cheerful laughter filled the room. It might have even went to the neighbours because of how loud it was. They soon stop attacking the poor girl, whose face had turned red from all the hysterics.

Laying down, calmly side by side, they start talking about their pasts and future as well as the present. All of them did not know what the future held, but all they knew was that, at this very moment, with their best friends, they felt truly happy. Having practically grown up with one another, they were not shy about each other's problems and habits and now even secrets which they were sharing since they were talking after a long time. They were un-biological sisters, or thats what they used to call each other.

NEXT DAY

Axel had taken a day off. He always had limited number of holidays which he required to use every year or else they will go to waste. Seeing as how he had so many days to take off from, he decided to take today off. It wasn't that he hated his job nor that he liked it. He needed a job, a profession so he just chose it and went with what came. Unlike, his friends he doesn't have a specific dream to which he is loyal to. He has many interests one of which is photography. But he thinks of it as a side passion and not a proper job. He also likes to travel but he also thinks that he cannot make that into a profession. But one thing, he would say that he needs or wants is money. Growing up in a family that weren't so good in that factor and were lived tightly, he does need money to truly make lives change. Money, he used to believe is something that cannot give someone happiness. He still believes that a bit, but now after being hit with reality, he knows that money is required to survive and live a better life in this world. Because of which, the job he has, gives him a good amount of pay through which he likes to invests in various things and gain profit. Due to which, in such fewer years, he is able to save a lot of sum of money and even buy a new house for his grandmother, who raised him. His parents died when he was young. Making his poor, lovely grandmother raise him and his sisters all by herself. Their uncle being a farmer would only send little to no money to their grandmother. Hence, his widowed grandmother resumed farming to make ends meet. But now, he finally managed to pay her back for all her handwork and kindness and she doesn't need to work anymore. Despite accomplishing one of his goals, he did get into a habit of investing and quite likes it despite its disadvantages of giving losses.