Chapter 3: Stubborn Bull

He wakes up to the sun shining in. "Ugh... I am so tired... What time did I go to bed last night?" he got up and brushed his teeth. He washed his face and took a long hot shower. "This feels nice." he says to himself after getting out of the shower. He went to the closet and picked a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. "Let's just be casual for today." then went downstairs. He opened the door and there she was... Talia.

She hugged him and said "It is almost 1pm? We were supposed to meet at 6am! Did you oversleep?" She got a little angry, pouted like a bull.

He nervously smiled and replied "I did... sorry I didn't leave the party when everyone else did. I promise I'll make it up to you!" He then pulled her inside and dragged her to the kitchen. "I'll make you breakfast since you made dinner for me last night. It's the less I can do."

She smiled and said "You don't have too, I was thinking we can do something else for the evening."

He touched her shoulder and Talia's eyes widened. "I want to cook for you."

She blushed and said "If you insist."

He grabbed eggs and started to crack them. Putting the eggs in the pan. "Oh how do you like your eggs... I just guessed that you liked sunny side up eggs."

"I like them scrambled." Talia replied.

He started to scramble the eggs. After that he cooked the bacon, put some bread in the toaster, cutted up strawberries and bananas. Putting the fruit on the toast and adding syrup to the french toast. He placed the eggs and bacon next to the french toast on the plate. He poured a glass of orange juice for her. Placing her meal on the dining table.

"There you go, I hope you like it. I kinda enjoy cooking from time to time." he said.

"This is the nicest thing someone did for me! No one ever cooked me something in return. You're so kind..." she started tearing up again.

He put his arms around her and held her close. "I am glad you like it, I hope you enjoy your food. In return, can you not cry for me?"

She wiped her tears away and said "I can." smiling. He pulled out the chair and she sat down, pushing the chair in. she ate the food, licking her lips. "This is delicious. I love it. Thank you so much!"

He smiled and replied "Anytime, Tay."

She blushed and stuttered "D-did y-you give m-me a n-nickname?"

He patted her head and said "Yeah, I like nicknames, do you like it?"

"I do!" she yelled and then covered her mouth, realizing how loud she really was. He laughed and she laughed too. "We can get started on the date. I want to show you something special to me." and she holds his hand, leading him outside.

"I can drive the chariot if you want, or we can both ride the horses." Talia said.

"I'll drive the chariot." Then he asked "Wasn't Althaia supposed to meet me?"

"Oh yes! She spent the night with Salus so she wanted to be the 2nd one. She felt too much pressure from being first so she told me to take her place. I gladly accepted."

"Well I hope I didn't scare her too much, I was looking forward to meeting her. I never really had a conversation with her before."

"You'll get to know her by tomorrow's dawn. Let's enjoy the time we have now, shouldn't we?" Tali said, holding his hand.

"You're right, I am sorry for bringing her up. I should be focusing on you, my apologies."

"No need to apologise, let's get going now." and she hopped into the chariot and closed the door. He smiled to himself and climbed in front. "Ya!" he said and the horses started to move, running like the wind towards Talia home.