[five]

"So then we all prepared for what would be the highest and the lowest point of my life

"So then we all prepared for what would be the highest and the lowest point of my life. I do still question how such a romantic love story could take such a heartbreaking turn," Donghyuck spoke. At this stage there were others listening to the young adult's story, finding the whole concept sweet. "So, here we go."

~

The car was packed with bags and suitcases since the seven would spend the majority of summer at the beach house that ran in Chenle's family.

The radio was at full volume and their sweaty bodies were squished against one another on the sweltering peak of the day.

In the car was Renjun, Mark and Donghyuck as they had planned, and the small car just about fit the three of them.

Donghyuck was sure that his hearing was fading from the pounding base line that flew through the air without a real destination, but the euphoric feeling of being like this with two of his closest friends trumped it.

It had to have been three long hours, and still the trio had another one to go. Their voices had become less enthusiastic over the period of time, and the radio had been dialled down a bit as Mark took over the wheel to give Renjun some shut-eye time.

"Can we stop for coffee, Markie?" Hyuck whined as he placed his hand on the other's inner thigh whilst Renjun was sprawled out on the backseat looking rather dead with his mouth agape. "My eyes are closing."

Feeling weak to the younger, Mark made a turn to pull into the closest coffee shop.

Deciding to leave Renjun be, the lovers made their way inside with entwined fingers.

"Thank you ~" the younger almost sang while he swung their interwoven hands back and forth as he inhaled the addictive scent of freshly brewed coffee and the fresh out-of-the-oven cakes and pies that looked so tempting in the clear containers.

"Follow me," Mark whispered in Donghyuck's ear before he kissed his cheek.

Complying with confusion, the younger didn't expect to be led to an empty booth where Mark leaned forward to steal a sweet kiss from his boyfriend.

Passion lit between them as Mark trailed the kisses down Donghyuck's neck, sucking in marks that bloomed wherever his lips once danced across.

"Why do you insist on doing all this in public?" Donghyuck groaned while he pushed against the older's chest to urge him to stop.

"Because I'm so damn in love with you."

Minutes later after they had ordered and received their coffees, the couple made it back to the car where an unimpressed Renjun sat, having been locked in with no source of air.

The Chinese boy raised his hand, flicking his middle finger out while scowling at the pair who merely shrugged their shoulders before unlocking the vehicle.

"What took you two so long?" He muttered, his once bouncy and happy mood being dampened by the last few minutes of strangling in the locked car.

Mark scoffed at the younger's attitude, shaking his head dismally while throwing him a look. "We were gone for a few minutes. Calm your tits."

"Whatever..." A few other grumbled responses emitted from Renjun's mouth before he took one of the three coffee with a small 'thank you'.

"Ready to hit the beach?"