[twelve]

Poor Mark woke up feeling like he had been hit by a bus

Poor Mark woke up feeling like he had been hit by a bus. Late nights had never really been his scene if he was being honest, yet he still found himself basking in the light of the moon the night before.

Donghyuck's spot on the bed was empty and cold, indicating that he had been absent for some time. The Canadian boy assumed that the delicious aroma of pancakes that wafted through the beach house was probably the missing boy's doing.

With a prolonged and childish whine escaping from his lips, Mark kicked the covers off of his body before rolling off the bed and landing on the floor with a very loud thump.

His hair, which was sticking up in unnatural directions, was tangled and tousled. The scent of salty water wafted from him since they had swam the morning before.

His eyes, which had voluntarily shut, snapped open when the loud buzzing of his phone on the nightstand rung out.

With yet another groan, the boy rolled around on the ground while stomping his feet. The sound was so piercing and irritating so he had only one option.

"Mum? Why are you calling me so early?" He complained with a scolding tone.

"It's literally two in the afternoon, Mark! What have you been doing with your life?!" She shrieked, almost giving her son a heart attack. The younger held his device away from his ear as his mother lectured him on the point of life or whatever.

After a minute of two of the consistent yelling, Mark put the phone back to his ear, hearing how his mum calmed herself before continuing with the point of the call.

"Anyway, besides the fact that you're wasting your summer away, I've got news."

Mark's heart was racing as he tapped his foot, the exhaustion he once felt fading instantly.

"You got into the University of Toronto!" She exclaimed with an ecstatic tone.

Silence....Pure silence.

"I didn't apply to Canada," Mark whispered whilst he angrily carded his fingers through his hair, untangling it in the process. "I'm not going, mum. I'm staying in Korea with Hyuck."

"You can't have a high school sweetheart hold you back, Mark. This time next year you won't know who he is. Why throw away this golden opportunity for a boy?" The frustration was clear, and just by her words, Mark knew that there was no getting out of this one. His mother wasn't an open-minded woman.

"I hate you."

He threw his phone away, listening at it smashed against the wall before falling the floor with a clunk.

His finger entwined with his hair and he tugged at it, his eyes welling up with tears as he thought of the predicament he found himself in.

"I hate you so much," he whined, rolling to the floor again while just lying there. "I hate you so much."

The string of cussing drew in the attention of a certain blonde who had just served up breakfast.

With tentative steps, Donghyuck drew nearer to the ajar door, curious yet scared of what had put the usually calm boy into this state.

"Markie?" Donghyuck whispered cautiously as he opened the door. His heart dropped upon seeing his best friend lying on the floor while sobbing.

Without hesitation, the younger rushed to Mark's side, his arms pulling the Canadian boy into a hug.

"Leave me alone!" The older yelled, pushing the blonde away from him with guilt shimmering in his teary eyes. "You need to leave me alone!"