[thirteen]

With the end to their 'relaxing holiday' approaching them, the boys packed their belongings

With the end to their 'relaxing holiday' approaching them, the boys packed their belongings. As he had been for the past two weeks, Mark ignored Donghyuck, breaking the younger's heart day by day.

"Okay Mark," Donghyuck mumbled, throwing his bag onto the floor as an irritated expression graced his usually happy face. "I don't know why you've been an ass recently, but it's not going to fly!" He yelled, grasping the attention of the other occupants.

Renjun and Jaemin rushed to the room to see Donghyuck fuming, his hands forming fists as he glared at his downcast boyfriend.

"I have been sitting here waiting for you to be honest with me. I've asked you, and when you refuse to talk I try to make you comfortable so that you'll tell me why you've been in such-"

"I fucking hate you Donghyuck!" The older screamed, standing from his place while avoiding the broken look that had appeared in Donghyuck's teary eyes. "I can't stand you and your annoying ass. So I beg you, Hyuck, fuck off!"

With that, the Canadian boy stormed out of the room, brushing past the other boys who joined Renjun and Jaemin at the door.

"The hell are you looking at?!" He hissed as Jisung tilted his head towards the eldest.

He immediately dropped his gaze from Mark who was usually very accommodating and polite towards their youngest friend.

Jisung felt his lips quiver as he too began to try and suppress the tears. Chenle grasped onto the younger's wrist and led him towards their shared room to try and remove him from the toxicity of the fight.

Renjun, on the other hand stared at a sobbing Donghyuck who collapsed to the floor. His choked begs for Mark to come out fading as he leaned against the bed for support.

Jaemin rushed forward to hold the trembling boy. His attempts to calm him didn't work as planned, but he was definitely not as panicked as he had been before. His eyes were red-rimmed and raw from wiping the tears so aggressively.

"What did I do?" He howled, like a wounded animal. He held onto Jaemin's arms tightly, his head falling again. "Why does he hate me now?"

Jaemin had no answer for the breaking boy who was fighting internally with himself, finding ways to blame himself for Mark's attitude.

Renjun turned on his heel with a tsk, storming to the kitchen where Mark was drinking a glass of water with his brows furrowed and his hair tousled.

"Why the fuck did you say that to your boyfriend?" The younger hissed as he approached. He grasped onto the taller's collar, pulling him up to stand face to face.

"He's not my boyfriend," he slurred while swaying slightly.

"Don't tell me that's vodka!" He exclaimed, leaning over and taking a sip before wincing at the burn as it slid down his throat. "It's morning, you ass. And don't you dare break up with that boy in there. He has done nothing but right by you!" He yelled frustratedly, his fists balled up as the other merely shrugged.

"Don't care."

"Sober up a little. Maybe then you'll think about what you're about to do!" He angrily growled, hand raised to the nonchalant older who barely flinched when he was slapped.

Renjun again turned away. He couldn't bare to face his friend in this state. Mark needed to shape up a bit before he would let him anywhere near Donghyuck.

"Oh," he mumbled, turning back to glare at the taller. "You can see if someone else will drive you. You're not coming anywhere near him."

~

"Is he finally asleep?" Renjun whispered while glancing at Chenle who had offered to swap with Mark.

The younger nodded wordlessly, not knowing what to say in such a situation.

"What got into Mark?"

Renjun sighed gently, using his free hand to ruffle Chenle's hair.

"I don't know....I really don't."