Chapter 3-Wylla

Here's the next chapter! ;) I hope you guys like it. ;) If you like this story, please tell me so I can dedicate the chapters to you... Anyway, the picture on the side is of Sparrow. ;)

Chapter 3-Wylla

           Wylla walked, as fast as she could without attracting strange looks, back to her room. She had to reboot the system around the PCF and she wanted to contact Sparrow.

          Even the thought of Sparrow made her smile. He had reddish-brown hair the touched his shoulder, due to lack of cutting. His brown eyes reminded her of milk chocolate, soft and warm. He was taller than she was, and a whole lot more muscular.

          Sparrow had been the first half-faerie that Wylla had found. It had been chance that she had been brought to work at PCF. Agent Foster had chosen the kids and trained them all as ruthless killing machines. Wylla had also been good with computers and equipment, so he had promoted her to help the computer geeks.

           But he had soon come to realize that Wylla was equally good at both. Her fighting skills were polished and perfect and she had never once lost a battle. Provided that the battle had been with a human.

        So Wylla had been put out in the field. She had become the ‘perfect agent’, good at both fighting and computer techniques.

        Once she reached her room, she let herself in using the retinal scan and then typed the password into the keypad at the door. Then she hurried inside. The door automatically locked itself behind her.

          Her room was also small, with a single bed in the corner, a desk with the fastest laptop in the world and that was it. It would be a quite boring place to live in, but not to Wylla.

         Swinging herself down into her desk chair, she booted up the computer and waited impatiently for it to load. She needed to contact Sparrow.

        Glancing around self-consciously, she finally gave in and shrugged off her jacket. Then she unbuttoned her blouse to let her wings go free.

          All the faeries developed their wings, in the times that they needed the most, before their other powers. As for the half-faeries, sometimes they had wings and sometimes they didn’t.

         Wylla had gotten hers when she had been thirteen. They had come when she had needed to rescue Sparrow. They were useful at times, but at times like now, they would just get her in trouble with the PCF. And this trouble was going to be bad.

         Once the computer was online, Wylla went to the chat room which she had created just for communicating with Sparrow, Arwen and Lancelot.

          What’s the password, Wylla?

        Wylla gasped, whirling around, trying to see who had entered her room. But no one was there. But someone had spoken.

         “Who’s there?” she demanded, drawing her gun.

        It’s me. Darius. I’m inside your head. It’s an adapting power. You can’t get rid of me.

        “I thought they locked you up!” she protested.

        Of course they did. Stupid human locks are so weak. I could be out of there in a minute.

          Wylla exhaled. “Okay, Darius,” she said. “What exactly are you doing in my head?”

         Reading your thoughts. You can’t be my sister. My mum’s on Icadoz.