Chapter 6-Darius

I'm sorry that it took me so late to update this chapter, but I hope that you like it anyway. I'm so sorry that it took me forever to update. I'll try to update it more often. :) Please vote and comment to identify yourselves to me so I can dedicate the chapters to my loyal readers. :) The picture on the side is of Wylla again. :) I hope you like it. :)

Chapter 6-Darius

              Darius sat completely still, a little worried. He trusted Wylla, thanks to his new mind-reading adaption power, he knew everything about her.

              But he was still worried about the extraction that was going to happen later, at six o’clock that night. He had never even thought that there might be other half-faeries out there. The fact that there were others made him both hopeful and sad.

              All of those half-faeries might have been banished from Icadoz as well. He had no idea how many of them were and what powers they might have.

              Apart from the shields which Wylla could conjure, he didn’t know what she could do. It was possible that her faerie parent could have been a Gemini, Cancer, Leo or Virgo faerie. Only they could cast shields of protection, like Wylla could.

             He was still experimenting with his adaption powers. It was a power which only the Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces faeries had. It was very useful.

             The telekinesis had developed earlier, along with his healing powers. Now he could read Wylla’s mind, as far away as she might be.

              Darius was chained up with about ten handcuffs and also cuffs for his ankles. They were lashing him inside a tiny cube with the most miniscule holes for breathing. The cube was inside a chamber which was pitch-black and also had lasers on the floor if he happened to escape from the cuffs and the cube. The lasers would cut him into pieces if he managed to get out.

              A soft computerized beep resonated from the lock at the door and the lights flickered on. Darius blinked away the black spots in front of his eyes, wondering if it was six o’clock yet and if Wylla had come to spring him from the horrible prison.

              But no, it was another agent, the one whom Wylla had called Agent Parker.

             “Hello, Mr. Larks,” mocked Agent Parker.

             “Hi, Agent Parker,” Darius said and had the satisfaction of seeing Agent Parker blink in surprise.

             “Well, Mr. Larks, we all know that you aren’t human,” he said. “You tossed about those agents with your mind. And you blew up the electrics room from two stories below.”

             “Bingo!” Darius replied, grinning. “How did you guess?”

              Agent Parker frowned. “Mr. Larks, is Will Larks your father? We know that he had a girlfriend, Faye, who disappeared mysteriously when she was seventeen. Is she your mother? Where did you come from?”

            “Agent Parker, do you want to hear that I’m an alien of sorts from a planet miles away?” Darius asked, sarcastically. “Besides, even if that jerk is my father, he didn’t even send me a lousy child support check!”

            “So he is your father?” asked Agent Parker.

            “Who cares?” Darius said.

            “Is he your father?” Agent Parker demanded.

            “Maybe,” Darius mocked.