Chapter 5-Sparrow

Here is the next chapter! :) I hope you guys like it and that it's a good one. :) Sorry for not updating it faster, but I had no internet connection for a while. Happy New Year, everyone! :) Picture of Lancelot on the side. :)

Chapter 5-Sparrow

                The explosion blew him backwards completely. He slammed into something hard and his vision blurred for a minute as everything around him went red.

             He heard Arwen scream with terror and he heard a loud thud as Lancelot fell into something heavy. Then his vision cleared slightly and he was able to see.

                What he saw made him want to cover in fear. Half-a-dozen faeries stood in what used to be the kitchen, holding up glowing orange swords. They were all male, with wings flitting on their backs.

             But that wasn’t what scared Sparrow the most. It was Arwen, who was lying on the ground with blood oozing out of her fingers.

             “Arwen,” he whispered.

           Arwen had a blood disorder. It was part of her mutation. It was a faerie-kind of haemophilia which made her unable to stop bleeding when she got even the smallest cut. It was the reason that she never trained with them; it was simply too dangerous.

             Sparrow and Lancelot could do nothing for her if she started bleeding. Only Wylla could, and that was because she was a Healer and could help Arwen.

             “Jack Sparrow,” scoffed one of the faeries.

            Sparrow jumped. Hardly anyone, apart from Wylla, Lancelot and Arwen should know his fake name. That was only used in his fake ID and, after all, he never used it.

            “How do you know me?” he demanded, coughing when the smoke caught in his throat.

            The same faerie laughed at Sparrow’s question. “Well, we of all faeries should know,” he said. “You ran away, Bird Brain.”

           Sparrow felt like a miniature tornado was whirring to life inside his stomach. He forced himself to his feet, grimacing when he saw his arm. It had a long cut down the length of it.

             “Leave Sparrow alone!” Lancelot said fiercely, scrambling to his feet.

            He had a long cut down his face, but he swiped the blood away like it didn’t matter. The golf club had broken into two pieces at his feet.

             “You are as deluded as the rest,” laughed the half-faerie. “Your girlfriend, Sparrow, is the only one, perhaps, who might not have our bad luck.”

              “Wylla’s not my girlfriend,” Sparrow began and then stopped. “What bad luck?”

           “Oh, perhaps it’s better if you don’t know,” said another half-faerie, smiling too. “But then again, perhaps you should know...”

             “Tell me!” shouted Sparrow, glancing around for his baseball bat which had shattered into a dozen sharp pieces.

             “Let’s just kill them,” a third half-faerie said.

               The first half-faerie nodded and the six of them lunged at Sparrow and Lancelot.

           Sparrow dodged the first blow and counterattacked by swinging his punch into the faerie’s jaw. He heard the bone crunch beneath his blow.