Chapter 16-Sparrow

I'm finally updating this story and I'm sorry for the super long wait! Please vote and comment! :D I hope that you guys still like it and stay loyal to it even though I haven't updated in a while. :P Picture of Sparrow on the side. :)

Chapter 16-Sparrow

             “Wait, hold on,” Sparrow protested. “What makes you think that Darius and Wylla are related? How is that even possible? You just told us that you’re child of a Sagittarius faerie and you think that she is a child of a Virgo faerie.”

                Darius ran a hand through his hair. He sighed. Sparrow glared at Darius’s, challenging him to convince the others that he was really related to Wylla.

                 “Fine,” Darius said. “I wasn’t born on Earth, like you guys were. I was born on Icadoz. My mother is the queen of Icadoz. That’s why I know so much about the faeries and things like that. My mother used to live on Earth. She was pregnant with me when she returned to Icadoz.”

                   “What does that have to do with-” Sparrow began.

                   “Shut up, Sparrow,” Lancelot said. “Let Darius finish.”

               Sparrow glared at Lancelot. He scowled back, his face dark with annoyance. Lancelot didn’t know how much Sparrow cared for Wylla. And he also didn’t know how much Darius annoyed him either and how much he hoped that Wylla and Darius were not related.

                 Darius continued. “I have never met my father, but my mother told me his name. His name is Will Larks. The same surname is not the only thing that makes me think that we are related. My mother is a Sagittarius faerie. She and another Sagittarius faerie, Chen Fai, both came to Earth as babies. They both had protectors, Carli for my mother and Taylor for Chen.

                 “My father, Will, and my mother, Faye, were dating. My mother’s protector, Carli, married Joe Larks, Will’s father in order to look after my mother for a long time. After a while, the Seal broke and three more faeries came to Earth. They were Lukith, Bryony and Shyroote. Lukith and Bryony are now married and live on Icadoz. Neither of them were on Earth long enough to have children. Shyroote himself died on Earth. He died with no family.”

                   “So, you think that Carli is Wylla’s mother?” Sparrow asked.

              “Maybe,” Darius admitted. “That way, it makes sense that we are related through our human blood, not our faerie parents. But that wasn’t what I was thinking of. Taylor was very rebellious. He was related to the king before my mother and he wanted the rule. He and Elena, another faerie who wanted the throne, led the Unseelie. Eventually, my mother, father, Bryony, Lukith and Kylie won the battle. Although Elena died in the fight, Taylor lived.”

                    “Who’s Kylie?” asked Arwen.

                “Kylie is the daughter of the late king who died before my mother rose to rule and Carli,” Darius explained. “If Wylla is really Carli’s daughter, then Kylie is Wylla’s half-sister. Taylor is the late king’s brother. Kylie is still alive. She’s my mother’s advisor.”

              “So, what did you want to talk to us about, if not about you and Wylla being related?” Sparrow demanded, earning himself a glare from Darius.

                  “Taylor lived,” Darius continued. “Although Elena died, he did not. He escaped and fled to Earth, badly wounded. It’s possible that he lived. I think that he might be the one behind all the attacks on us all day.”