Woah, How Was Life Before You Came Here?

VOTE + COMMENT

-------------------------------

Song- "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World

Karma Smith

"Oh my gosh! Rose! I thought... I thought you died. Your mom was in tears, going on about you dying. Just wo-" my babbling was cut short when Louis covered my mouth, giving me a few seconds to catch my breath after saying all of that. I just couldn't believe Rose was back. I had so many questions. Like, how was life back in Wallowa before she came here? What's been going on at the school? And, Why does Kriss hate me now?

We have so much to catch up on, but with so little time. Frantically, I look behind Rose at the school. Who gives a fuck anymore if we skip, I'd rather talk to Rose. Making my decision rather quick, I tug Rose behind me in the opposite direction of the school buildings. I was only guessing that Louis was following, which he was when I asked Rose to check if he was.

"Uh... Karma, today is my first day. I can't skip," Rose squeaked nervously. I waved my hand as if to say 'oh who cares'. Needless to say she whined the whole way to my car, I still got her to come with me though.

"Where are we going?" she questioned, getting into the passenger side. Louis scuffed and raised his arms up, gesturing 'what the fuck?' with them. I shrugged and got into the drivers seat. I had completely forgotten that Rose had asked me a question until I buckled myself in.

"Oh, right, we're going out for like I don't know, lunch?" I said, questioning myself. "We need to talk about life and shit." I added, putting the car in drive after Louis squished into the backseat.

"This is ridiculous. Why couldn't I sit in the front?" Louis exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and pointed to Rose.

"I want Rose to be comfortable, Louis. Now shut up and enjoy the fact that your even tagging along," I jokingly snapped at him, making him shut his mouth. I hummed in a t'hat's what I thought' tone. Louis crossed his arms over his chest, flopped back onto the seat and put his feet on the counsel. With my elbow, I pushed his large feet off, not wanting it to get dirty.

Rose's mouth formed an 'o' shape, not fully undertstanding what's happening. "It's complicated," I whisper. She nods, dropping the subject. Louis leant forward, facing Rose.

"It's not complicated," he remarked, looking back and forth between me and Rose. I hit Louis' face lightly, trying to get him to move. I accidentally hit his eye. He cried out and grabbed his eye, leaning back into his seat. I covered my mouth with one hand while I giggled. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry Louis," I laughed.

"Oh I'm sorry," he mocked me, sarcasm dripping from his voice. Rose stared at us, complete shock and humor covering her face.

"Rose!" I yelled, making her jump.

"What?"

"Louis can sing," I said coolly, looking at Louis' horrified expression through the rear-view mirror. He probably thought i wouldn't tell anyone about his hidden talent. Oops?

Rose gasped, turning to face the back in record speed. I swear I could feel wind coming from her direction because of how fast she turned. Damn.

"Oh my gosh! Is that true?! Can you sing me a song?!" Everything out of Rose's mouth was if he could sing a song, and song suggestions. Louis looked pale and terrified. I don't think anyone has ever gone crazy like that over him being able to sing. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone at school knew he could sing.

"Um.. Uh.." Louis' eyes looked everywhere besides toward Rose. He even looked at me through the mirror.

"C'mon Louis, sing us a song," I said innocently. He glared at me, nose flared and everything.