Done

vote and comment

-------------------------------

Karma Smith

I stand in a circle with Sear and his friends, waiting for the bell to ring. I look at the doors, I see Rose rush in. She doesn't notice me as she walks to her other friends.

Okay then.

"Karma, you can't just give up like that," Sear says, turning to me.

"I am though. Why should I continue looking if no one in this fucking school likes me?" I shrug. He stares, full force, at me. I smile.

"Just because Chris doesn't like you, doesn't mean you should give up." I laugh. He doesn't get it. Louis was the last straw. I'm done trying.

"Sear, he said I'm weird." He frowns at me.

The doors open. Chris walks through. My heart drops to the floor as I start taking steps back, away from Sear. He comes and stands in the circle of people, right across from me with his head down. He talks with Poner, his voice low as if he didn't want me to hear him. I stand there awkwardly. Chris looks up, takes a quick glance at me before turning to talk to Mary.

"Tell me your type, I'll help you find someone," Sear says. I shake my head while swaying. I catch Chris looking at me again. I snap my head down.

Why did he have to be here? Why did he have to go to this school? As soon as the bell rang my head shot up. I speed walk away from Louis and everyone else, not wanting to be uncomfortable anymore.

I run up the stairs. Seeing Rose up ahead walking with Pablo, I run towards them and jump between the two.

"HELLO!" I yell in Rose's ear. Her head jerks to the side. Pablo smiles and walks away.

"Hi, Karma. What do you want?" She asks, annoyance dripping from her voice.

"Why are you so crabby today?" I say, nudging her shoulder.

"Well, I was fine until you started talking to me." She smiles.

"Okay bitch, okay. I see how it is," I laugh as I reach my locker. I look to the left, seeing Sear coming up the stairs. I get nervous. I'm hoping Louis isn't walking with him.

Sear sees me, his face a look of concern. My eyes start to gloss. Why does everyone pity me? I just don't understand. Pity the sick people or something. I put my head down as I grab my books. Slamming my locker, a little to hard, I speed walk to social studies. Though was trying to look causal. That probably failed.

"Oh, Karma. Can you please put your books down then leave the classroom for a few? Oh and shut the door please on your way out." Mrs. Maine says. I nod and walk out while frantically looking for Rose. Instead, Felicia comes up to me. I cringe, not wanting Molly to come with her.

"Karma!" She yells, her hand sticking out in a pointing motion. I shyly smile.

"Hey," I say with a small wave. We both walk together down the hall to Rose's first period.

"Why didn't you come over this morning?" She asks, hurt in her voice.

I shrug," I don't know, just didn't feel like it. Plus I had to talk to Sear about something." She nods.

"Your still mad at me then? Ya know from what I said yesterday?" I can tell she's nervous about my answer.

I shake my head," Uh no. I honestly don't care about what happened," I say, looking over at her. Relief washes over her face.

"C'mon Karma," Rose says, coming up to me and Felicia. She takes my arm and walks. I follow.

"Where's Kriss?" I ask. I was depending on her to bring me this cute outfit I wanted to wear. Rose shrugs.