Wants

Vote + Comment

--------------------------

Karma Smith

"Yes?"

My heart jumps in my chest. Sear has never been so... so inconsiderate, so cold before.

I clear my throat. "What's wrong with Louis? Why shouldn't I trust anything he says?" I ask, desperation clear in my voice.

Sear laughs bitterly and pushes the girl beside him away by the shoulders. She fakes as if that didn't hurt her feelings. I send her an apologetic look before diverting my attention back to Sear.

"He's lying," he states simply with a shrug.

I take a deep breath."Are you jealous of Louis?"

His face gives off shock as I look at him. "Ha, that's hilarious. How could I possibly be jealous of a huge prick and a pathetic girl who just wants love, dating?" He scoffs.

I gasp, hurt coursing through me."Why are you being such a jerk?"

"Because everything is always about you! Every fucking time we talk it has to be about you. Oh! Sear, he doesn't like me, oh Sear this and that. Do you not realize the world doesn't revolve around you?! Or are you too consumed with your life to notice anyone has been through shit?" Sear yells. Tears threaten to fall but I blink them away. My breath is caught in my throat as I look around at everyone staring at us.

"I... I'm sorry," I say, rushed. My head goes down as I turn and run out of the classroom. The empty halls giving me comfort as I run.

I'm stopped by a big, strong chest. I yelp in surprise and look up. Louis stares down at me with major concern. A tear rolls down my cheek. Louis swipes it away.

"What's happened?" He asks quietly. I wrap my arms tightly around his torso, nuzzling my face into his neck. We stand in the middle of the empty hallway; Our arms around each other as he just holds me.

I finally gain control of my emotions after sniffling one last time. I break out of his arms and look up into his eyes. His forehead creases in concern.

"I just- it's nothing really. Me and Sear kinda got into it.. in front of everyone."

His face soon transfixes into anger. He lets out a low growl and looks behind me. I lightly trace his jawline, to try to ease his anger. He shakes his head and grabs my hand , dragging me behind him as he walks forward. Confused, I pick up my feet and follow.

-----------------------------------------

Louis Tomlinson

That bitch. He needs to leave her alone. Sear doesn't understand. I need the money. This is the only way for me to get it. Sure, it's a dick move, but she seems happy... Right?

I look behind me. The only thing visible is the top of Karma's head. Her eyes trained to the floor, watching every step we each take. She does that a lot, looking at what she's stepping on when she walks. It's kinda funny to watch her head snap back and forth from the floor to out in front of her. I laugh to myself.

She's not so bad

My inner thoughts tell me. I roll my eyes.

"Uh, Louis?" She asks so quietly I barely heard her. I hum in response. "Where are we going?"

That's a great question. I don't know where we're going. I stop, her head ramming into my back. I gasp. "Sorry," she apologizes. I nod in forgiveness.

"I don't know," I say. Her head tilts to the side in confusion. "I mean, I don't know where we're going."

"Can you take me home? I don't have the energy for the rest of the day after what happened with Sear," she laughs softly and looks away.

"Yeah, c'mon." I say. She takes a few steps to the side before walking. I just stare at her. "What're you doin'?" I ask, humor in my voice. Her head snaps up in shock.

"Oh... Uh... I don't know. I just kinda thoug-" I cut her off by putting  my arm around her waist, bringing her closer to me. I kiss her temple and squeeze her hips.

Your starting.

My inner thoughts mock. I shake my head, ridding the thoughts.

--------------------------

Karma Smith

"Thanks again, Louis," I say. He waves his hand out the window. I smile and walk up to my front door. Oh shit, my parents.

Not even getting my foot through the door I hear my dad.

"Karma?" He asks. I smack my forehead. I'm so stupid.

"Uh... Yeah dad. I didn't feel well so I had Louis take me home," I fake cough, trying to sound sick.

"Okay!" He yells. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and run up the stairs, taking two at a time. I open my bedroom door and walk over to my bed. I drop my backpack and flop down on my back on the bed. I sigh and spread out, while closing my eyes.

I think to myself..

Ya know that feeling you get after you watch a romantic movie? Or read an amazing romance novel?

The feeling that you want to be the main character who finds love and lives happily after the worst has happened. We try, so hard, to be those people, but give up after we come to our senses that those characters are made up, fake. We go back to feeling empty and sad, believing that we'll never find love.

We all listen to love songs, whether the artist screams the lyrics, or stretches out the syllables to make it like a lullaby. Everyone wants what is being said, besides the heartbreak. No one ever wants that.

Often, we loose ourselves in love, or just the idea of it. Almost like we're in love with love. Even the saddest people are in love with love, but the bury it deep inside.

I was quite like that. Loving the idea of love, but never opening up to it. Hiding behind my insecurities, my thoughts that tell me that it's impossible for someone to love me.

Louis is an example of my hiding. I always knew, or thought I knew, he never liked me. He would never like me. All my thoughts were consumed with things like he'll never love you, look at yourself, your pathetic for thinking anything else.

My demons took control.

Louis is here now, though. He can help me fight them.

---------------------------------

-Jxx