[one]

With his elbow perched on the sill, and his hand cupping his cheek, Donghyuck gazed out the window with bleary eyes

It was quite cruel to make someone get up at such an ungodly hour of the morning.

The train grumbled beneath him as it came to life to commence its first run of the day. And so as it began at a slow pace, whistling slightly from lack of use, Donghyuck prepared himself for the heaving crowds that the city centre would have to offer him within three hours.

The young adult glanced around the vehicle, and as usual, there was a handful of other people who seemed as unmotivated as Donghyuck to get up to work this morning.

He set his eyes back to the tracks in the distance, sighing gently as the sun could be seen peeking over the horizon with a bit of hesitance.

A smile bloomed on his face as he sought comfort in the glow of the rising sun.

Its radiant, orange rays graced his face with a bit of warmth as it rose to its highest point, waking others up for their days.

It was now 6:43 and Donghyuck noticed the train begin to fill up a bit more. It was all a bit more alive than before, a small rush of life running through Donghyuck as the streets began to become more densely populated and more kids were walking through the passing town in their uniforms, preparing for school.

His eyes left the window for the first time in nearly two hours as a woman sat down beside him, not exchanging any words, but instead sent the older a friendly smile. Donghyuck returned it without second thoughts, but soon fixed his gaze back out to the grassland that connected two small towns.

A sign could be seen up ahead, and with his subpar eyesight, and the slightly faded lettering, Donghyuck could just about make out the words 'Welcome to Golden Grove! Hope you enjoy your stay'.

As they passed the threshold, Donghyuck's breath hitched.

His eyes widened as he looked to two schoolboys who walked hand-in-hand on the path. One was very slightly shorter with honey blonde hair, and the other had black locks that fell over his eyes slightly.

The shorter was laughing while tugging at the ravenette's hand. The older seemed amused by the blonde, and followed his lead, allowing himself to be dragged along.

"You okay, Sir?" The woman beside him questioned curiously while seeing the startled expression that the older wore.

"Yeah...I was just reminded of something."

He turned back to window, but of course the pair were long gone and the train was exiting the small town.

His mind forced him back to the summer of 2018.

His hand hovered over his chest, above where his heart was.

It was already picking up it's pace as he thought back to his first love.

His only love...