Crisis on Naboo [2]

Applause filled the stage as Chancellor Palpatine approached the audience. The ray shield going up almost immediately as Chancellor Palpatine approached the stand.

Skysati was wearing a holographic disguise, the same as Cad Bane as they sat amongst the citizens of Naboo. Her eyes drifted towards Ahsoka.

Cad Bane caught the slight glance and put a hand to his wrist "Don't even think about it,"

Skysati sighed and remained silent, there were too many innocent civilians in the area anyway, if she decided to act out now, who knows how many would be caught in the crossfire.

"Smart move," Bane told her.

"It is an honor to be here," Chancellor Palpatine spoke "for this momentous occasion. The pride I feel for this planet cannot be put into words. 847 years ago, Naboo joined the Republic. And tonight, we celebrate that union."

The crowd erupted in applause.

"Take a moment and look around this glorious city of yours. It wasn't long ago this was all plasma mines." Chancellor Palpatine continued. Naboo has indeed come a long way. But as we chart a bold course for the future, let us never forget our past,"

With that, the light show began and Skysati couldn't help but find herself forgetting about her current predicament as she watched in awe as the fireworks exploded over them.

***

Hardeen stood in position as he watched the spectacle through his scope "Mace, so far so good." Hardeen looked over towards a senate guard and saw the glimmer of the hologram disguise "Gotcha. Eastside! The security guard by the stairs!"

***

"Skywalker! The shield generator," Mace Windu called out.

Anakin ran towards the Parwan only to be too late as the ray shield generator exploded.

The Chancellor was unconscious from the blast.

Mace Windu hurried over "You two, take the chancellor to that speeder and get him out of here!"

Ahsoka worked on leading the royal party out of harm's way "This way your majesty! Hurry!"

Anakin activated his lightsaber and went after the Parwan who began firing at him.

The Parwan electrocuted Anakin and activated his jetpack.

***

Hardeen noticed the Parwan attempt to escape and fired his rifle at the jetpack causing the Parwan to spin out of control. He pressed the trigger again only to find it empty "Blast! It's only good for one shot. Mace Anakin's down and I don't see Bane anywhere,"

***

"I'll find him," Mace Windu declared as he activated his lightsaber.

The two guards that stood next to the Chancellor were the bounty hunters.

"Let's make the switch," The bounty hunter declared to her counterpart.

They used the hologram disguise to turn the chancellor into a senate guard and the bounty hunter into the chancellor.

Cad Bane appeared on the scene, still in disguise "Help me move him,"

"I don't want a part of this," Skysati snapped only to cringe as Bane sent an electric shock through her system.

"You don't have a choice," Bane reminded her.