Kidnapped [2]

Skysati looked down at her comm as it beeped, D'Nar's voice filtering through.

"No, you are wrong, Jedi," D'Nar told Master Kenobi.

"Am I?" Master Kenobi asked. "You're no doubt aware your droid forces have been destroyed and you are surrounded. Do the honorable thing and give up now, D'Nar. I promise you will receive fair treatment,"

"You've broken through my defenses. You think you've won. Think again. I have planted bombs all over the city,"

Skysati looked up at Rex at the mention of the bombs.

"No one will survive," D'Nar claimed. "Now, surrender,"

"If you're not bluffing, then I must concede, but you'll have to make considerations," Master Kenobi reasoned. "First, you release the colonists,"

"Here is my counteroffer,"

"I don't like the sound of that," Skysati told Rex.

They were met by an explosion of the building they were close to.

Rex used his body to shield Skysati from any debris.

"I need a medic over here," Anakin exclaimed to the clones as the group began to look over Clones who were impacted by the blast. "R2 where are you?"

R2-D2 beeped as he hurried over to his master.

"Watch yourself, buddy," Anakin warned R2. "This is still a war zone,"

"We don't have time for the planetary scan," Skysati admitted. "We need to hook R2 up, and he'll locate the bombs,"

Anakin nodded to Skysati's plan.

"Right away, sir," Cody said.

"Ahsoka, let's go," Anakin told his padawan.

"Where are we going?" Ahsoka asked.

"To disarm the bombs while Obi-Wan negotiates," Anakin replied as he hopped onto a walker. "Hope he can buy us some time,"

"The two of you were together for quite some time Skywalker," Skysati noted "I'm sure part of your lying skill rubbed off,"

***

R2D2 revealed the map of the scanned bombs, Skysati immediately took out her comm.

"Master Skywalker." Skysati reported "R2's transmitting the bomb coordinates now,"

"Copy that, Skysati. We're approaching the first bomb now. You keep an eye out for Obi-Wan," Anakin replied.

Skysati sighed as she looked up towards where her Master was currently "Don't I always,"

***

Skysati looked up in shock when an explosion erupted in the sky.

"Skysati. Skysati, come in. D'Nar is making his escape from the tower," Obi-Wan explained over the comms.

"On my way," Skysati reported. She caught up with her Master as D'Nar fired up the engines to his ship. Skysati turned when she heard Ahsoka and Anakin arrive, both jumping onto the ship.

Anakin used his lightsaber to cut through the ship, causing the engines to splutter.

"Does he ever just think it through?" Skysati voiced.

"Anakin's always been a man of action," Obi-Wan mused as the duo could only watch from afar.

***

"General Skywalker, I ran the bio-scan twice," Admiral Yelaran explained "but the results were negative,"

"Are you saying the colonists are not in the city?" Anakin questioned.

"I'm saying they're not even on the planet. The entire population appears to have simply vanished,"

"Vanished?" Ahsoka voiced "That's impossible. Those are my people,"

"Troubling is the return of the Zygerrians," Master Yoda said over the holo feed.

"It is likely they mean to use Dooku to rebuild their slaver empire," Master Plo Koon proclaimed.

"We cannot allow that," Skysati said as she crossed her arms.

"Agree I do," Master Yoda said "but first, find the colonists you must. In great danger they are,"

"What is it, Master?" Master Plo Koon asked.

"Sense I do a darker hand in this mystery. Slavery, a great tool it is for the rise of the Sith,"