Carnage of Krell [2]

"Stay alert." Rex told his men "The enemy has our weapons and our armor. They may try to trick us with an ambush,"

"Watch out Dogma!" Skysati exclaimed as he almost stepped on a familiar root "I saw that thing attack Hardcase. It'll chew you up and spit you out," She picked up a rock "Watch," Skysati threw the rock towards the creature, the creature's mouth opening.

"Ew," Dogma said. "Ah, gross,"

Skysati ignited her lightsaber as blaster fire came towards them "We're under attack!"

"Where's the enemy?" Rex asked.

Skysati shook her head "I don't know. I don't sense anything,"

Clones were shot at and exploded.

"Get those mortars up here!"

"Does anyone have visual?" Rex asked.

"Ah, negative." A trooper proclaimed "It's too dark. Oh, wait! I see them. They're disguised as clones, all right,"

"Captain," A trooper called out over comms "Where are you? We're sustaining heavy casualties,"

Rex looked next to him and realized Skysati was not fighting back "Sky?!"

Skysati shook her head "Something's not right, Rex. This doesn't feel like Umbarans," she walked over to the body of one of the fallen and took off the helmet, and blanched "Rex! You need to see this!"

Rex walked over and moved back when he noticed the body "What?"

Skysati and Rex began running in the middle of the battlefield.

"Everyone, stop firing!" Rex ordered.

"We're shooting at our men!" Skysati exclaimed.

"They're not Umbarans. They're clones,"

Some of the troopers stopped firing.

"Take off your helmets!" Skysati ordered. "Show them you're not the enemy!"

Rex took off his helmet and moved further to the other side. "They're clones!"

"Everyone, stop firing. Ceasefire!" Skysati exclaimed. "They're not Umbarans. They're clones,"

Rex was able to pull off the helmet of another trooper and showed his team "Look. We're clones. We're all clones,"

Skysati released her nervous breath as the gun firing ceased as each clone trooper took off their helmet.

***

Skysati helped move the wounded and the dead troopers.

"This can't be happening." Dogma said, "What have we done?"

"I don't understand," Rex shook his head. "Why did these troopers attack us?"

"General," A troop medic said as he walked up to Skysati "I've found the platoon leader. It's Waxer. He's still alive,"

Skysati nodded and followed after the trooper. "Waxer," she knelt next to the captain. "Tell me who gave you the orders to attack us,"

"It..." Waxer groaned in pain "It was General Krell. He sent us to these coordinates to stop the enemy. We thought they were wearing our armor..." He coughed "but it was...you,"

Skysati balled up her fists and turned to see Rex standing behind her "Gather the men," she ordered.

***

Skysati stood in front of the remaining troopers, a smaller number from the original that had come with them.

"You sure you want to do this?" Rex asked quietly.