Crisis on Naboo

"This is it, my friends." Count Dooku proclaimed to the group of Bounty Hunters in front of him "the day of reckoning for the Republic. I have it from a very reliable source that everything will happen exactly as we planned."

Skysati scowled as she listened from afar, Cad Bane had tightened her leash and she was now cuffed inside the getaway vehicle.

"Execute your roles as you've been instructed, and you will all be immortalized in history, not to mention rewarded with enough credits that you will never have to work again. I will let Cad Bane take it from here,"

Cad Bane flicked his toothpick away "Listen up. I'm only saying it once. Each device tells you your position..." he tossed the GPS locator devices onto the table. "And essential details about your part of the plot,"

"Aren't you gonna tell us how all the pieces fit together?" Hardeen questioned.

"Derrown here is going to breach the shield. Moralo Eval is the getaway driver."

"Can I say something about that?" Skysati questioned, not wanting to be stuck with the prick. Her reply was getting shocked. "Understood," she muttered as she caught her breath.

Cad Bane continued explaining the plan "Two of you will act as guards protecting the chancellor. And you Hardeen..."

Hearing his name, Hardeen changed his glance from Skysati over to the bounty hunter.

Cad Bane handed Hardeen a case "are the sniper,"

"Typical," Skysati scoffed only to flinch when Cad Bane reached for his wrist remote.

"That's all you need to know." Cad Bane told Hardeen. "Once we have the chancellor, the devices will lead you to the rendezvous point. Any questions?"

Skysati opened her mouth but Cad Bane glared over that she quickly shut it.

"Now for our disguises. Everyone step back." Cad Bane ordered as he tossed a device onto the table."

Holograms appeared, mimicking the Senate guard.

"This will get us into the inner circle. Step into the shadow hologram, and you will receive your new identity. When you leave here you'll have no communication with the rest of the team. All right, then. Get to your positions,"

"Well handled." Count Dooku told Bane. "I should have put you in charge long ago. A word of advice, though. Keep an eye on Hardeen and your pet. There's something about him I do not trust,"

"Don't worry. I'm keeping my eye on all of them,"

Hardeen walked closely to where Skysati was being kept "Be ready," he told her.

Skysati could only watch in confusion as the assassin walked off.

***

Hardeen reached his sniping point and turned on his communicator to Master Mace Windu.

"Obi-Wan, thank goodness you're alive," Mace proclaimed.

"Yes, I've seen better days," Hardeen claimed. "I'm here in Theed," he explained as he assembled his weapon.

"So Dooku's plan is still on?"

"Yes,"

"How are they planning to attack the chancellor?"

"Three of the bounty hunters are disguised as senate guards. Eval is the getaway driver, and they have a Parwan that can pass through the ray shield. I have a sniper rifle. Don't worry...it's loaded with stun blasts. I'm supposed to immobilize the chancellor, not kill him,"

"Where are you?"

"In a tower overlooking the plaza,"

"So the attack is going to take place outside,"

"Yes,"

"From here, I can be your eye in the sky. I'll be able to tell you everything that's going on." Hardeen used the scope to zoom in on where Master Windu was standing. "Make sure you have someone double-check the guards' identities,"

"That's gonna take time,"

"You'll have to do your best, my friend."

Mace Windu hesitated "I've been told by Skywalker and his padawan that your missing padawan is with you...is she aware?"

"No. Bane's had her on a short leash since he got a hold of her. I can only hope she understood the message I gave her and knows when to run when the time comes,"

Mace Windu nodded "We'll keep an eye out for her,"

"Thank you,"