Chapter 11: Old Friends New Acquaintances

"MIDORIYA!"

"H-Hi..."

~~~

The gang drove back to their house in silence, all of them too deep in thought about their mission to allot the energy to talk to each other.

As they pulled into the garage, Izuku walked away from the group to call Aizawa-sensei. He dialed up the number and waited for the call to be picked up.

"Eraserhead speaking," Izuku heard on the other line. He smiled at the familiar voice of his old teacher, sounding perpetually dead inside.

"Aizawa-sensei," Izuku said. He heard a crash and a small curse from the phone.

"Midoriya?" Aizawa asked. Izuku could only imagine him clutching his phone like a lifeline.

"Hi, sensei," Izuku said shyly.

"How you've been kid?" The man asked. Izuku felt warm inside, knowing that his old teacher missed him.

"I've been good...I'm glad to be back with my friends! Hawks is like my older brother now!" Izuku explained excitedly.

"That's great, kid. I'm happy for you," Aizawa said, causing Izuku to tear up.

"Th-Thank you..." Izuku whispered, suddenly overcome by emotions.

"Is there a reason you called?" Aizawa asked.

"Oh yeah! So, my gang and I are joining the Hissaikai raid! We're coming to Japan!" Izuku said, becoming more serious at the topic.

"WHAT!" Aizawa yelled, causing Izuku to pull his phone away from his ear at the volume.

"We need a place to stay," Izuku said.

"I'll ask Nezu if you can stay in the dorms. Since Uraraka and Ashido have been-," Aizawa said, before Izuku cut him off.

"Yeah, moved to ge-general studies. I heard," Izuku said, stuttering a little.

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" Aizawa asked, with obvious affection in his voice, causing Izuku to tear up again.

"Y-Yeah... I heard it from Koj-Koda," Izuku said, hearing a sigh from the other line.

"Of course you did," Aizawa replied, causing Izuku to chuckle awkwardly.

"Anyway, I'll ask Nezu and see what I can do. I'll text you his answer since I can't always call," Aizawa said.

"Ok! Bye-bye Aizawa-sensei! I'll see you soon!" Izuku chirped.

"You don't have to call me sensei, kid. I'm not your teacher," Aizawa said.

"You'll always be my teacher..." Izuku whispered before he realized what he said and his face burst red. "OKBYEAIZAWASENSEISEEYOUSOON!" Izuku screamed in embarrassment before hanging up the phone.

Izuku stood there to catch his breath for a minute, and to calm down his blush before he was startled by a chuckle from the doorway.

"Zuzu," Haru said, opening his arms. Izuku dived right in and buried his face into his lover's neck.

"Let it out. I know you're trying to be strong but you can let it out," Haru said suddenly, causing Izuku to still before he burst out crying.

"Sh-She d-doesn't d-de-deserve i-it," Izuku sobbed as Haru led them to their room, before sitting on the bed with Izuku in his lap.

"I know. I know," Haru said, rubbing Izuku's back. "You didn't deserve it either," Haru said, causing Izuku to cry harder.

"W-We h-ha-have t-to s-sa-save h-her," Izuku cried.