Chapter 1: The Rejection

"U-Uraraka, I'm really sorry,"

"But, I can't go out with you..."

~~~

It was an average last period on Friday, except that it was Valentine's Day.

Couples were giving each other chocolates as a class activity, as Aizawa was too busy dealing with his husband Present Mic. Somehow, none of their students knew that they were married.

Kirishima exchanged spicy chocolate before class with Bakugou; Tsu gave Tokoyami dark chocolates, 99% cacao; Ojiro gave Hagakure white chocolates; Iida had given chocolate chip cookies to Hatsume, which surprised most of the class, as they didn't expect for their stick-in-the-ass class president to be dating the maniac of the support course. They thought he would get an aneurysm by how many doors she's blown up.

~~~

Uraraka was in the hallway, mentally preparing herself for what would happen next.

She was about to give her crush chocolates as well as her heart.

Who was her crush? Well, her crush was none other than Izuku, Deku, Midoriya.

He was in possession of a powerful quirk called "Shadow", allowing him to control shadows to his will. For example, he could form shadowy wings on his back; he could travel between shadows (like Kuroiro's quirk); he could make his hands into hardened shadow claws, etc.

His strength was the first thing that drew Uraraka in. She thought he was super powerful and strong!

But as days passed, she began to see more beyond his quirk. He was kind, caring, and considerate while also being brave and determined. Even though he has a tendency to jump headfirst into battle, around normal people - especially girls - he's an awkward mess that can hardly get out a sentence without stuttering.

He was always blushing around her, so she was almost certain he liked her back, so she was going to tell him! Right now!

Steeling her face into one of pure determination, she opened the door to the classroom.

When she walked in, all of the girls noticed her aura of resolve and gave her a discreet thumbs-up.

She nodded towards them and started walking towards Deku, who was sitting at his desk, mumbling and writing in his notebook, like usual.

"Hey, Deku!" Uraraka chirped as she tapped the boy's shoulder to get his attention.

She missed the way he flinched.

"Oh, Uraraka!" Deku responded, looking up at her from his seat.

"So, um, there's this question I've meant to ask you for some time now..." Uraraka said, somewhat hesitantly.

"Feel free to ask me anything!" He told her happily.

Uraraka took a deep breath in and brought the chocolates that she was hiding behind her back and held them out in front of her while bowing, closing her eyes.

"DEKUIREALLYLIKEYOUWILLYOUGOOUTWITHME?" Uraraka asked him, too fast for their classmates, who were all watching this go down, to understand, but he understood from his days of hyperspeed mumbling.

"U-Uraraka, I'm really sorry,"

That's a bad start.

"But, I can't go out with you..." Deku said, trying to let her down softly.

He was standing up now, not wanting to reject her in a way that seems like he doesn't care when he cares a lot.

"W-why n-not?" The girl asked, Mina already teleported next to the rejectee, glaring at the greenette.