winter

The cold bit your fur, the bitter cold numbing your body. The winter was fine for most wolves but for you, this meant trying to survive by fighting, whether it be dogs or wild animals, you have to keep fighting unless you want to go home hungry.

You sigh and curled into a ball, the collar on your neck making it hard to work with since it's attached to the so-called dog house you had, it was frozen solid by the water leaking next to it.

The dark slumber of sleep almost took you, that is until you heard gunshots and distant shouting, you lift your head, seemingly intrigued by the shots and yelling outside, tilting your head when it all came to a stop.

You sigh and lay your head back down, mentally scolding yourself for thinking that you may get out of here and close your silver-blue eyes to hopefully, get some rest before the next fight.

When the door of your shack burst open, you loudly snarled at whoever was in the entrance, thinking that it may be one of your abusers, but was faced by a caucasian looking man.

He had a hat and a weird-looking cloak on him, his beard was trimmed and looked a bit out of place.

You sigh and whimpered when he came closer, still thinking that he may hurt you.

"Javier! What are you doing?"

A loud voice made you whimper even more, lowering your head, already expecting to be hit by one of your masters, instead, a white Person came into your range of sight.

The man you presumed was Javier looked at him before looking back at you, before speaking to the man.

"Dutch, I found this mutt, frost bitten by the cold"

The man named Dutch looked at you, his intense gaze making you slightly intimidated before sighing and shaking his head, nodding at Javier and leaving, that is before saying "that mutt is a wolf!"

You growled at the man named Javier but the man hushed you down until he was close enough to touch you, you let out a whimper at the man when he raised his hand, believing that he was going to hit you, instead of a hard punch you received a soft scratch to the back of the ears.

He kept petting you until he was close enough to your neck and hurriedly took off the collar and moved to pick you up from the frozen floor of the rusting shack.

You let him pick you up and put you on the back of his horse, having no strength to struggle against him.

~~~~

You opened your eyes to see a few people surround the horse, getting stares and sympathy from them.

Javier took you out of the horse before carrying you to the cabin, laying you down on the makeshift bed made of blankets near the fireplace. Placing two small bowls of meat and water next to the bed.

You waited until he left to eat and once you finish you walk back to your makeshift bed, the darkness of slumber taking you.