OLD [Chapter 15]

"I... love you, G-George."

*   *

It got quiet after you spoke those words, the only sound being your breaths. George's comforting had come to a halt and you felt as if you had done something wrong by saying what you did. You were surprised when you had found yourself breathing properly and standing up, moving away from George.

"Sorry, I-I'll find an Uber or whatever," you mumbled, dusting some snow off of your clothes. George stood up and cupped your face. You could feel his warm breath battle with the cold breeze that blew around the two of you, his breath eventually winning and hitting your cheek, causing you to shudder. He rested a hand on your back and pushed you closer to him.

"I've never been the romantic type so I hope this is enough," he admitted, his voice laced with care and love. Your eyes widened as he glanced at your lips. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips against yours. It took you a second, but you kissed him back. You were nervous for a moment and your knees were threatening to collapse but George held you up firmly. You placed a hand on his chest delicately, moving your other hand up to run through his hair. At last, when needing some breath, the two of you separated.

Though you were flustered, all you could think about were his lips. They tasted like cinnamon from the coffee. They were warm and soft. You could still feel his lips lingering on yours, though they weren't physically there. Your cheeks flushed a light-tinted pink out of embarrassment. You brought a finger to your lip and pressed down, remembering how the kiss had made you forget the worries from before, forget your attack, forget George's harsh words. They had made you feel at home, brought the butterflies out, pushed down all those hopeless things inside of you. George sighed, letting go of you.

"Sorry, that was- unexpected. Should've warned you," he laughed awkwardly. You felt angry, happy, embarrassed, confused, and surprised. "Uh, Y/N?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. You smiled wide and kissed his cheek, watching the red flow to his cheeks.

"It's okay. I enjoyed it," you replied, clutching onto his hand. You suddenly felt clingy, wanting to stay by his side forever. He smiled, which then turned into a grin. 

"So? What do you think?" George asked. You didn't quite understand, so you tilted your head a little, confused. "Oh, nothing much. Just wanted to know what you thought about the idea of being my, ya know, girlfriend," he stated. You felt your heart leap out of your chest and you looked away shyly.

"U-um, yeah. Yeah, I-I'd like that," you stuttered, trying to find the right words. He let go of your hand, which you almost winced at, and wrapped his arms a little lower than your waist, picking you up. You soon became aware of the snow that had started falling from the clouds above, the tiny snowflakes that danced around you. The cool breeze became a little stronger but your small figure was warmed by George. He kissed the tip of your nose softly. You closed your eyes, happy with the result of the situation as George walked with you to the car.

*   *

You were scrolling through Twitter, laying on George's bed, when George came in with a sandwich he'd made for you. He set it down on the nightstand next to you, then walked around the bed to sit down next to you. The spot on the bed next to you suddenly dropped and you looked up, seeing George had sat down. You inched slightly closer to him and decided to take a selfie - or two. The first one came out perfectly, though you looked like a mess compared to George. You could only focus on his smile, the way it brightened the mood and lit up the room. Eventually, you escaped the trance of his smile and took another picture. He unexpectedly leaned over in the middle of the selfie and kissed your cheek lightly. You giggled and nudged him playfully. 

"I can't put this one on Instagram, dummy," you smiled. He chuckled, stealing your phone away from you. "Hey!" You furrowed your eyebrows in annoyance and reached for it, but sadly, couldn't get it. 

"Why not? I think it looks perfect," he admitted. You gasped.

"Don't you dare post it!" You growled, reaching for the phone once again. He only stuck his tongue out at you and posted it on Instagram right in front of your eyes. "Geoooorge," you whined, "this is going to cause so much news and stuff I don't wanna deal with." With a huff, you managed to grab your phone and push George off the bed. He fell to the ground with a yelp. "That's what you get." The bed felt lighter as you turned over to face away from him. Suddenly, you were grabbed from behind and dragged down with him. You squealed, grasping onto the bed. His strength was nothing compared to yours and you were pulled into his arms.

"Love you too, Y/N."