Shoto's Problems aren't that different from mine

CW: Shoto's backstory, Nightmares, Panic attacks (slight mentions of his backstory and trauma)

!Manga Spoilers 290-291!

If you are tr!ggred by this then please don't read until the next chapter

Momo's POV 

2:48 am

Thursday November 25th 2021

Is what my alarm clock reads, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be getting any sleep tonight. There really isn't any point in trying to sleep. I get up off my bed and head back over to my computer. What is going to happen to me I click on the google search bar and type in "Why am I coughing up flower petals?" I click go I scroll through the results but to no avail. I scream and face plant into the keys. I hear a knock at the door. I sigh and get up to open it. I open the door and see Shoto on the verge of tears standing in the middle of the hallway. "Shoto?" I ask quietly, trying not to disturb the others. He doesn't respond; he just stands there with tears seeping from his eyes. I grab his hand and pull him into my bedroom. He sits on my bed holding his knees to his chest. "Sho' what's wrong" I say sitting next to him wrapping my arms around him. "It's dumb" he chuckels still crying digging his face into my shoulder. "No, if it bothers you this much then it's important you don't have to tell me but I need you to be okay" I assure him, keeping my voice at a calming tone. "Okay" he lifts his head off my shoulder to look at me. "It's my nightmares" he admits (yes I am taking the cliche Bakugou head canon but using it for Shoto leave me alone) "nightmares?" I ask concerned.

"Yeah for the past two nights I wake up screaming and in full panic Momo I can't sleep at night, I lied yesterday you weren't screaming at night I was too terrified to be in my room and you are my best friend more than Midoriya I didn't want to disturb you because I heard you crying with Uraraka earlier and I didn't want to add my problems to your worries, so I came in here to sleep Momo please help me I haven't been sleeping well" he cries not caring about the slumber of others which I disregard now. "Shoto Todoroki why would you think I would be mad if you woke me up last night, You are my best friend you are basically my brother I love you like a brother If this ever happens again please tell me you are always welcome to come in here if you need something" I cry on the verge of tears myself. He nods and leans back into my shoulder. I can feel his tears staining my shirt. "Are you ready to tell me about your dream or do you not want to right now?" I ask. "Um okay," he says shakily "I'm listening" I give him my full attention.

"Um it's my past as you- know, but In my dreams my brother comes back but he's a villain full of hate Touya is raging screaming about how my "dad" worked him to the bone and broke him from the inside out, he is covered in skin graphs and working with the league, which brings me to my next point we fight villains almost every week Momo were risking our lives at 16 fucking years old were kids we were promised an education not a fight for our lives, we get put through so much! I get dreams where we don't win and- I CAN'T TAKE IT! Momo we are children not machines! Our teachers and pro heroes expect to be more than we are and what we can be! On a regular basis we are fighting to save other people as well as ourselves! The dreams- the-they are so vivid!" He screams and starts heavily sobbing "Shoto why didn't you tell me!" I sob equally as hard. We are crying so loud there are knocks at the door. 

I hug him tighter, terrified for my friend. Aizawa eventually knocks on the door asking if we are okay. I get up and open the door wiping my eyes with my hand "Yaoyorozu are you and Todoroki okay?' Aizawa asks, very concerned. Behind him standing almost the entire class. "Um we're okay we just needed to cry for a bit. I assure you we are okay" I replied with my usual preppy voice. "Okay, If you need anything um my door is next door?" Midoryia offers I know he heard the entire conversation. I nod and shut the door as the teacher and the class leaves. I don't bother apologizing because my brain hurts. I walk over to my bed where Shoto is sleeping on top of the covers. I sigh and grab a spare blanket and drape it over him while I get under my bed covers. I kiss his forehead and ruffle his hair and smile. "Good night Shoto" I whisper before rolling over and going to sleep.