Chapter 10

We arrived at the house, tired and slightly annoyed. George and I were carrying the bags while Lockwood went to ring the doorbell. Stepping away from the door,he looked at me, analyzing my face. I had been looking at the door with fear, something agents should never do. Another rule we learn is to never dwell on the fact that we could be killed if we get Ghost-Touched. We learn to ignore that, and focus on the task at hand: eradicating the ghost or ghosts that haunt said location.

"Lucy?" he asked. "Are you okay? You seem a bit....." He searched for the right word.

"Hesitant?" I offered. He nodded, then focused his attention where George was standing.

"I can see a death glow."

"Where?"

"Where George is standing. It's extraordinarily bright, just like Mr. Hope's death glow."

"Hmmm.."

I look away, remembering what had happend at Annabel Ward's house. I had felt something fall on top of me, like a ghost of what had happened, come to haunt a new person. The door opens, and I focus my attention on the woman who was standing in the doorway.

"Hello, Mrs. Green. We spoke earlier?" Lockwood inquired as he smiled and shook her hand.

"Yes, on the phone. I am glad you came on such short notice."

"It was our pleasure."

Mrs. Green nodded, smiling.

"Well come inside, you must want to put those bags down." She gestured, pointing down a well-lit hall.We walked in, and she shut the door behind us as George and I set the bags down on the carpeted floor. She leads us into the living room, and we all sit down.

"Here is the report of what has happened at the house," she said while handing us a manila file."I am afraid I must leave very quickly, but here is the key to the house. Good luck."

She gathers her purse and coat, and walks swiftly out the door without turning back. We stand around in silence before it is interrupted by George.

'Who wants tea?"

"I do," I reply.

"Same here,"Lockwood says, grabbing three mugs from a bag. I find the tea and biscuits, and we head into the kitchen. In the kitchen, Lockwood heads straight for the sink to fill up the mugs. I get out three tea bags and put them in the mugs. While the tea steeps, we look out the window that over looks the garden.The sun has completely set by now, so all we can see is darkness. When the tea finishes steeping, we each grab our mugs and sit at the table, sipping quietly.

I sit, listening for a sound. And then I hear it. A song, a very familiar song. So familiar, I absentmindedly start singing along.
"Lyin' here, beside you. Here in the dark. Hearin' your heart beat with mine...."

"Lucy?"

I stop singing, aware tht Lockwood and George had been listening.

'Yes?"

"What are you singing?"

"I don't know.I can't remember the name of the song. Some American band from the 80's..."

"Oh."

I continue listening, and suddenly I am standing in the middle of a room, looking at a girl and her mother singing along to the song playing on the CD player. When it finishes, the little girl, who looks no more than four or five, speaks.
"Play it again, Mommy!" she says jumping up and down.
"All right, sweetheart."

She rewinds, and the song starts over. A man walks in, and speaks.
"Open Arms. My favorite song from Journey."
"Mine too!" The little girl says as the man picks her up and swings her around.

"Lucy!"

I snap out of the memory, and realize I am on the floor. I try to get up, but fail.

"Lucy! You fell on the floor, what happened?"

"Journey," I mutter as I stand up.

"Journey?" George questions.

"Yes.The song I was singing is a Journey song,and it is my favorite. The same song from the memory....."

"Memory?"

"Yes. I saw the memory of three of the people who were killed in the house. A little girl and her parents."

Lockwood looks at me,;concern on his face.

"Lucy ,please be careful.I don't want you to get hurt."

I nod as he hugs me.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too."

We break apart, and finish our tea.

"All right," Lockwood says."Let's go hunt some ghosts!"

      A/N
Hello!! I had a sudden burst of inspiration,and I broke free of writers block to bring you this chapter,only to be reeled back in once I finished.Oh well.
Anyway, I have a question for all of you.Which agency would you be in?Reply in the comments,and goodbye!!!
      -LucyCarlyle
P.S. I would be in Lockwood & Co.

October 26, 2015: So. From here the story got really choppy and messed up, so there may be new chapters after I did the old ones. Byeeeee!!!!!