Chapter 4

A/N
                                Two very big shoutouts to je_suis_ashling and CeCe_Slide for being my BIGGEST supporters so far.Thanks for all the awesome support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                 -ElsaofArendelle2002

         The next morning,over blueberry muffins and Pitkins best tea, we look over the new evidence.

"Looks like the guy who killed them used a pseudonym. Called himself Charles Dickens," I say. George stares at me like I am a lunatic. "It means fake name." I roll my eyes. He is supposed to be the smart one.

"Anyway, Lucy, George, his real name is John Giles."

"That is much better than Charles Dickens,"I reply.

"Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it just me, or is the crack at the bottom of the door to the office glowing green?"

I look at Lockwood,then the door to the office. Green.

"Damn skull," I mutter as I open the door and grab the jar.

"Who did it?"

"Me."

"Really George?!"

"I thouht it would help!"

"Ugh."

I set the jar on the table, and stare until the face appears.

"Okay, you know something. Spill it."
The family had just moved there. Bickerstaff knew the father, Thomas Pane. They worked together. One day, Bickerstaff got mad because he quit working with him. Thomas was his right hand man. In a fit of fury,he sent me to kill him and his family.

I repeated what the skull said to Lockwood and George. There was silence as we gaped at the skull, who was smiling evilly. I'm the first one to speak after the silence.

"I-I thought you died when you saw the mirror."
No, I only passed out. I woke shortly after I saw the mirror.

I repeated what the skull said, and we all fell silent.

George stood up and took the skull to the office. When he comes back up the stairs, he walks out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Do you want some more tea, Lucy?"

"Yes please."

I start drawing at the table, wondering how we could have such an evil entity in the house. I wasn't comprehending what I was drawing until Lockwood came over with the tea.

"What are you drawing, Lucy?"

I look down, and see that I had absentmindedly been drawing him.

"Er, nothing." I scratch out the drawing. He nods and takes a sip of tea. He sets his teacup down and looks at me. "Are you all right? You're blushing."

"I'm fine."

"Okay."

I finish my tea and rinse out the cup. I sit back down, and Lockwood and I start talking about the case, wondering if we were ever going to find out why the skull seems to know everything.

"Lucy, is the skull affecting you at all?" Lockwood asks.

"Other than being extremely annoying?"

"Yes."

"No.It is just confusing, how the two cases mix together and create more problems."

"Looks like George picked up the right skull when he stole it."

"Looks like he did."

We look at each other and start laughing at how crazy all of this is.

"Keep it down!I'm trying to read!" George yells.

This makes us laugh even harder,and when we try to stop, something in our thoughts makes us start again. We eventually stop, and spend the rest of the day doing nothing but talking with each other, since George gave up reading when we couldn't stop laughing. That night, I dreamed again about Lockwood, but just when he was going to kiss me,I woke up.

I Think I am In Love... (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें