Chapter 3

"Hey I'm ho- What the hell happened?"George exclaimed staring in horror.

"Er....Well,we're decorating!"I say, trying not to laugh at the expression on his face. It made him look.....Well, let's just say it didn't look good on him.

"Decorating?!"

There were boxes everywhere, tinsel in various places, and two glass ornaments hung from my ears as though they were earrings.

"It looks like you are trying to take over the world with tinsel and," he says holding a sparkly ornament, "sparkly reindeer!!"

"At least they aren't sparkly vampires," I retort, smirking.

"Point taken, Lucy. Hello, George."

Lockwood steps out from behind the tree. George looks at him, looking for any sign of holiday-ness. Seeing none, he puts his file of research down and picks up an ornament.

"I might as well help," he sighs.

Lockwood and I cheer as he places the ornament on the tree.

                    *                         *                      *                         *                        *                      *                      *                    *                   *                  

After we finish decorating the tree, George grabs a comic and I find my copy of 'A Christmas Carol' and start reading.

"Who wants hot chocolate?"bLockwood asks.

"Me!" yells George.

"Ooh, I do!" I say without lifting my eyes from my book. I may not be a big reader, but 'A Christmas Carol' was my favorite story from when I was little, and it still is my favorite.

A few minutes later, Lockwood returned with three steaming mugs of hot chocolate. He hands us our mugs and sits down beside me.

"Did you have fun decorating the tree?"

"Yes, especially when George pretended to be the Grinch."

"It probably wasn't that hard for him."

"I'm right here!!"

Lockwood and I start laughing.When I accidentally spill my hot chocolate,we stop laughing,and I get up to go change and wash my skirt.

Much later that evening, I am still reading, but George is asleep. Lockwood took his comic book from him and started reading.I glance at the clock, and find that it is 10:45 PM.

"It's getting late," Lockwood observes.

"No kidding," I say, pointing at a snoring George."I think I am going to go to bed."

"Goodnight, Lucy."

"Goodnight, Lockwood."

I turn to leave, but hear Lockwood say something else.

"You can call me Anthony, you know."

"All right. Goodnight, Anthony."

My cheeks heat up as I climb the stairs up to my room.

I lie awake in bed, thinking of Lockwood.I eventually fall asleep;and dream of him.

                                       A/N
  Hello!I hope you liked the third chapter!And just in case you missed it, reread it again and look carefully.You might find a Twilight reference......
                              Goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        -ElsaofArendelle2002